Chapter 26

"Ok so we'll be patrolling until 2PM, then training till 5 then we have a meeting at 6, its formal dress by the way, then after that we have to get dinner with the chief of police at 7:30, but after that we're free for the day" Miriko said sitting on my bed while I finished my hair.
"Ok that seems fine I guess" I quickly finished.

(If you don't like it imagine something else)

"Wow that was fast" Miriko looked up from her phone.
"This took 15 minutes" I said
"Exactly that's fast"
"I get my hair done in 5 minutes"
"Oh wow"
"I just wanted it out of my face"
"Great, now let's get breakfast"
"Sure" I grabbed £20 from my purse and put it at the back of my phone case. I made sure I had my keys and we left the building.

We quickly got breakfast and started roaming the streets. It was the early afternoon and the streets were fairly busy. People passed by, some stopping to ask for pictures with Miriko. I happily took the photos as I loved the bright smiles on the people's faces. We continued walking and nothing really happened.
"Ok so our shift is officially over" Miriko looked over at me "we should get lunch then get to training"
"Mkay" I looked around.
"What's up with you?"
"I don't know, something just feels off"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean-" a loud scream came from around the corner.

We both bolted into the alleyway.
"Why are you being so loud? I'm being nice to you" a large man towards over a little girl.
"Are you Ok?" I walked over to her and stepped in front of the man.
"Excuse me we were-"
"Shut up" I held a gun to his head "I wasn't talking to you" I faced him and noticed a strange mask on his face "what the hell" I started laughing "what's with the plague mask?"
"People are covered in germs and diseases" he slowly moved my gun away.
"Mhmm" I fully turned to the girl "where's your mum sweetie?"
"She doesn't have one, she's my daughter" the man said.
"She can speak for herself" Miriko snapped "go ahead"
"H-he's right" she stuttered. I leaned closer.
"Are you safe?" I whispered. I felt the man staring at the back of my head. She nodded.
"She only yelled because I refused to buy her something she wanted, there's no problem here" the man laughed.
"Oh ok" I stood up but the girl latched onto my wrist. We held eye contact for a few seconds. She had bandages down her arms.
"Eri we should go now, you have to get to your doctor's appointment" the man held her hand and they walked away.

I stood there frozen.
"Y/n we should go" Miriko said.
"Mhmm" I started walking blankly out of the alleyway.
"N/n I know how you feel but I promise that she is ok" Miriko my patted my back.
"Sure" we slowly walked back to the agency. My mind was clouded by the fear in the girl's eyes. Right then and there I knew. I would save her.

~time skip~

"Great job at training" Miriko smiled as she walked me back to my room.
"Thanks" I smiled "we have the meeting next right?"
"Yeah, dress fancy" she stopped at my door.
"I will" I unlocked it and closed it behind me. I walked straight to the bathroom and started getting ready. I took and shower and did the rest of my routine. I left the bathroom and returned to my room.