♡ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴꜱ || ᴅɪᴀᴠᴏʟᴏ ♡

Start from the beginning

Diavolo points at the giant plush by the window and kindly asks for it. The cashier then gazes to where the bear is then names the price instantly. Diavolo spends no further hesitation to spend 5 000 Grimm on your present, proudly gifting it to you as you leave the place with a wide smile on your face.

You hold it closely and snuggle it tight, comforted by its softness. By your side, Diavolo watches attentively while you happily play around with your new stuffed toy like a kid, beaming gladly himself.

"Thank you! I've wanted this for a while," you tell him, subconsciously moving closer to him until you're practically leaning on his shoulder. The thought of him buying a present just for you is enough to get your heart racing and your cheeks burning.

He pats your head softly, "You're welcome, (MC). If you ever want anything else, just tell me. It would be a privilege to spoil you."

With each step matching each others, you two reach the doorsteps of Madam Scream's and burst into the store. As regulars, you're immediately recognised by the staff and they have your favourite shortcakes prepared then set on the countertop within under a second.

This time you find the opportunity to tell the demon prince he doesn't need to feel obligated to pay for everything because of his consistent absences

This time you find the opportunity to tell the demon prince he doesn't need to feel obligated to pay for everything because of his consistent absences. Of course, he rebels against it at first but once he sees the somewhat stern expression on your face he moves aside with a small discouraged frown, disappointed by the fact he can't owe you this one particular favour.

Fortunately, Diavolo's easy to please and his face lights up right away after he gets his fair share of desserts. With his desire for sweets fulfilled, you two depart once again from a shop you spent mere seconds in.

"Do you go to Madam Scream's often?" you ask while you take another bite. "The workers seem to know your favourite."

He nods slightly, "Not often but sometimes. Barbatos and I go whenever we can, he loves the macarons there. You know, sometimes I imagined that I was going with you, even if it was with Barbatos. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't appreciate him, I just-"

His abrupt silence also brings him to a halt. "Diavolo?" you look to him for an answer, only to find him facing an antique store. "Oh, strange. I haven't seen that before, do you want to go have a look?"

"Only if you want to as well," he says, keeping his promise to dedicating this day to you.

Antiques are something you don't come across often and it peaks your interest so you join the prince as you urge him on to take a peek inside.

The rusted wooden door creaks open and as you place a foot down on the old planks that make up the floor, a small geyser of dust arises from the gaps. An elderly couple, who you assume own the place, don't say anything when you enter but instead bow their heads in respect of Diavolo. Being the cheerful but also generous ruler he is, Diavolo asks them to lift their heads and treat him like any other customer that wanders in here.

With instructions established, the two of you carry on your browsing, eyes drawn to the old telescopes and collection of vintage books. Wooden carved music boxes, as well as globes from centuries ago, all of them here in the aisles of this shop. Observing each and every item carefully, you stop as you find something that might appeal to the demon prince.

"Diavolo, look," you call to him. "What do you think about these?"

Noticing your smirk, he comes over to where you are then smiles too once he sees what you asked him to. Two matching necklaces, both made from gold and sharing two golden crowns as charms that hang down from the chain and the crowns resembled that of a queen's and king's on a chess piece.

"This seems fun, are you trying to make it official that we're a couple?" he nudges you softly in a teasing manner

"More or less, yeah, I am."

That manages to bribe a chuckle out of him and he doesn't take another second to make the decision of buying the two accessories. The elderly pair kindly sell it to you and offer you some compliments, telling the two of you how 'good of a couple you two look' and wishing you the best for your relationship.

You admire your necklace under the moonlight, watching it shine as you step outside. "Would you like me to put it on for you, (MC)?" Diavolo asks.

You nod then hand it over to him and he does the favour of adorning it on you, busy admiring you along the way. Once he finishes, he places his hands on your shoulders then slowly moves up until he cups your face within his palms. You gently put your hands over his, feeling the warmth of his touch flooding through your body.

"Today... Today was special. It made me realise how much I regret all those moments that I lost with each time I couldn't come be by your side," he interlaces his fingers with yours then kisses them. "Forgive me, (MC)."

His apology, his voice carried guilt when he said it and you give him a tight embrace, wrapping your arms around his waist. "Look, it's fine. You gave me everything you could today and that's all I can ask for," you say. You bring the bear plush from before up to his face and you make the tip of their noses touch.

Diavolo laughs aloud, amused, then aims straight for you lips with a desirous sparkle in his eye. With him leaning closer and closer each time as he kisses you passionately, you barely get to take a breath until he finally pulls away.

"I love you so much. More than you'll ever know, (MC)," he tells you at long last. He holds on the necklace, gripping it firmly.

"Me too," you hold out yours as well. "Good to know we'll always be each other's," you beam at him.