21. Lies & Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Be serious." She snarled.

I rolled my eyes. "Just speak. My baby's tired and I'm kind of here for dinner."

She looks up at the sign that read: McDonald's ans scoffed. "Some mother you are. Feeding your child junk food."

I rolled my eyes at her. As if I needed to explain to her why I was feeding Eli Mickey Ds'. I promised him and so I was giving it to him. It's not like I would feed him additives every freaking day. In fact--half the time I even feed him things I made up myself. "You don't care." I snapped. "Now, get over what you want to speak to me about."

"Stay away from Noah."

"That wasn't blunt at all." I said, rolling my eyes. "I don't look for Noah and if Noah wants' nothing to do with me then I fully understand. I've moved on."

She laughed humorlessly, shaking her head. "Moved on? Look at yourself. You're throwing yourself at him along with that bastard of yours."

This is when I snapped. I couldn't control my self as I lunged towards her and smacked her straight in the face, letting go of Eli for a moment before taking his hand back on mine, needing him to calm me down. I shook my head and spat at her--literally. "You're disgusting and filthy. You don't ever speak about my child like that again unless you want me to cut your head off with a hacksaw."

She gulped, holding onto her right cheek before shaking her head. "Big mistake, you waste of space. Big mistake."

At that moment, I couldn't care less what the hoe meant or was trying to talk about. For the moment all I really wanted to do was punch her in the face but I'd stopped myself, leaving her there staring at me as if she were willing me to be run over my a car. As soon as Eli and I had gotten our food we went home, watched a movie and fell asleep.

Today was certainly eventful.

********

I woke up, alarmed by the continuous knocking on my door. What the actually hell? Do people not understand the definition of sleeping. I got up, leaving my amazing bed and groaned, my head throbbing from the my early morning wake-up call. As soon as I got to my front door, I promised myself I would physically decapitate the person on the other end.

I opened my door, without thinking and opened the door. "Its three f*cking a.m. in the morning. There better be a good reason for you waking me up." I snapped but then paled as soon as I saw who it was.

Standing there looking furious and all kinds of depressed was Noah Hunt, eyes widening as they raked over my body. I looked down. Oh. Right. I wore booty shorts and my sports bra to bed since I couldn't take the itch of pajamas. I narrowed my eyes at him. No matter how sexy or amazing he is he still interrupted my sleep, add to that the fact that he was checking me out...

Well, I 'm not a happy camper.

"You can stop staring now."I snapped, causing his eyes to waver and look up to stare at me. His eyes were glued on my face and he looked sheepish, embarassed for a moment before the fury returned in his eyes.

"We need to talk."

I rolled my eyes in how pathetic my situation was. Told twice in one day. I could almost laugh. But this was Noah and I shouldn't need to be an ass to him. I sighed. "Come in, if you remember your way to the kitchen, stay there. I need to put a shirt on."

He nodded and shut the door behind him and I made my way over to my room to put a shirt on. Eli was still sleeping so I shut the door quietly, turning on the baby monitor and bringing the other end of it with me, tucking it into my shorts. I saw Noah looking confused--as if he were having an internal battle with himself on why he was here.