-TWENTY NINE-

Sana's POV

I went home before dinner and found Tzuyu at the kitchen. My mouth gaped as I stare at his broad, bare back. He's topless while cooking, only just wearing an apron. Blinking twice, I bit my lower lip while watching how his muscles flexes while he's moving his arms.

He looks fucking, smoking hot!

My phone suddenly beep, making Tzuyu look over his shoulder and caught me staring at him. Blushing hardly, I glance away and took my phone out of my bag and saw Nayeon's message, saying she's so pretty. Damn, this girl is fuking bored again, she's wrong timing! Oh, Nayeon, I wanna choke you!

"You're here." Tzuyu smiled at me and turn the stove off. "Good timing, I'm already done cooking."

I gulped when he turn around to put the pan on the table. My eyes wander on his chest and shoulders. Fuck. I wanna rip the apron off him to see his abs.

"W-what did you cooked?" I asked, looking at the pan.

He scratch his nape. "Just a simple beaf steak."

"Wow! A homemade beaf steak!" I grinned. My mouth watered by the smell and looks of the said food. "I've never tasted a homemade beaf steak for almost three years."

Tzuyu pulled a chair for me, making my bit my lip before sitting down. Suddenly, I got conscious of what I smell because he's too near when he pushed the chair. His hair is also wet, indicating that he just finished showering.

He put a shirt on, making me pout because it covered his yummy figure. When he sat beside me, I glance away.

"Why not? You can cook it yourself." He said, putting a plate and serving me foods.

Today's unusual. Why is he extra caring? Usually, after he cook, he'll just let me serve myself but now he's putting foods on my plate and even slicing the meat for me. It makes my insides go wild. Tzuyu, serving me is just a dream come true for me.

"My mom always cook for me and she didn't got the chance to teach me." I purses my lips as I watch him slice the meat.

The topic made me feel gloomy all of a sudden.

He look at me. "Where's your mom?"

I expected him to ask that but I wasn't ready. Gulping the lump on my throat, I forced a smile and grab a glass of water and drunk it straight.

"Uhm..." Tears form on my eyes so I quickly blink it away. "She's g-gone."

He frozed. "I... I'm sorry, I didn't know that she died—"

"I hope that just happened though. It'll hurt less." I said, my face were void with emotions. "But it didn't."

He stayed quiet. I know that he's curious too and I wanted to tell everything to him. I trust him. Stupid, isn't it? I'm trusting him with my secrets while I barely know something from him.

We ate silently, he didn't talked anymore, so did I. The food made me feel a bit light but not enough to make me happy. After eating, I went to my room and took a shower. My tears fall simultaneously with the water from the shower. I clutched on my fist as I rest my hands on the wall, letting the warm water bombers on me.

'I miss you, mommy.'

Tzuyu's POV

What happened to Sana's mom? She never talked about her before and I've never saw her, just Mr. Minatozaki. I thought she died but Sana said that she isn't. But where is she?

Sana's face awhile ago broke my heart a little. It was void of emotions but her eyes still screams pain.

After washing the dishes, I went to Sana's room and found her laying at the bed, hugging her pillows. Gently, I laid beside her. She's facing the other side so I can't see her face. When I heard sniffles, I pulled my upper body up and propped my head on my hand.

"You can tell me your problems. I will listen." I cooed.

She turn around and when I saw her face, I frowned. Her sadness is contagious. I don't know why but I feel hurt too. It hurts me to see her hurting like this.

"Can I hug you?" She whispered with her raspy voice.

"No need to ask." I smile a little and open my arms to hug her.

Moving closer, she lay her head on my arm and wrapped her hand on my stomach. I sigh through my mouth and rub her shoulder comfortingly.

"My..." She started. I glance at her while she's drawing circle on my chest. "Mommy's g-gone but she's not dead. She c-cheated on my daddy and left us for his another man. We never saw her after that..."

I didn't expect that she's carrying this kind of dilemma. She always smile and laugh that made me think that she has no problems at all. What a great pretender. Behind those smiles, there's a huge problem she's hiding.

"I hope she just died though... It won't hurt much if she died than leaving us for another man." She started sobbing. I hug her tighter and pull her even closer, making her feel that she's not alone. "Did she replaced a better one? Maybe. It hurts, Tzu.."

I hummed. "I know. I know, it hurts, but don't say that. You're mom might be causing you pain right now but never say that. Don't tell that she should've died. She's still your mom. I know this happened for a reason. We might not know it for now but we'll find out soon."

"We?" Her voice croaked.

I smiled and nod at her. "We. You and I."

"B-but—"

"Starting from now, I'm with you with every battles and challenges. I might not be the best knight but I will protect you as much as I can." And I mean that this time, Sana.

I've made my mind. I don't need to forced myself to like her because I already do. Thanks to Chaeng for snapping some senses to me. Now, I will go with the flow but I will never go without holding Sana with me. I just need to learn how to handle a relationship starting from now.

Her face blushed, making me chuckle a little.

"Why are you cheesy today? You're making me blush." She buried her face on my chest. "You're confusing."

"Yes. I'm confusing, Sana. I was confused too. But now, I'm not. And I'm sure with what's going on." I seriously answered, staring straight to her beautiful brown eyes.

Her face twisted in confusion. "What do you mean?"

I reached for her face and wipe her tears. "You might not believe me but I wanted to tell you that I like you."