💕 First Love 💕

Forget what I said, it's not what I meant 
And I can't take it back 
I can't unpack the baggage you left 
- Falling, Harry Styles - 

--- 

Speaking of first love, it was all heartbreaks through the days and nightmares in the middle of the nights for Tine. 

"Ai'Wat." Tine shouted hoarsely. His throat was parched as he kept mumbling, shouting and whispering Sarawat's name under his breath. 

For the umpteenth time, Tine's finger scrolled through his photo gallery and watched the video filmed by Sarawat the last time they met. He kept replaying the video every day since their separation, he already had the audio and visual carved in his mind. 

That cheeky smile, that skilful fingers that played Scrubb's and that 'I love you' at the end.  

The more frequent he watched that video, the more intense the pain in his heart was. 

I love you Wat, I'm so sorry, come back to me please Wat. 

Tine's porcelain-like cheeks were already stained with translucent tear blotches, both of his doe eyes sored and the tip of his nose red. Those large beads of tears rolled down from his eyes, through his cheeks and disappeared at the edge of his shirt. 

The shirt wasn't even his, it was Sarawat's. 

He had lost count of how many times he had washed the shirt, putting the right amount of washing powder and softener, to recreate the same old sunshine fragrant. Sarawat's manly smell was fading slowly, but that was the only thing he could cling to reminisce how it felt to be wrapped tightly in Sarawat's arms. 

Again, it was a cold night without Sarawat. And once again, he fell asleep with those tears hanging on his cheeks in the living room. 

/// 

"Tine." 

The next morning came and Tine opened his eyes gingerly. His eyes still sting a little from the excessive cries last night. Tine hated this part of the day, because waking up meant that he needed to put on a mask to conceal his heartbreak, pretending that he was a normal person. 

A normal person who was capable of looking after himself. But Tine wasn't normal, he was just a mess without Sarawat. 

He felt warmth against his cheeks and pressed himself closer into the heat. It took moments for Tine to register that he was actually living alone and he snapped his eyes opened horridly. 

Only to realise, it was all in his dream. He reached for his phone to check the time. 

3.42am. 

Ai'Wat, come back to me please. 

Why does it feel that we are always together, yet forever apart? 

/// 

"Fong, I hate him."

"No Tine, you know better than me that you actually love him. This is your first love, I totally understand that. 

The first time when you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away." 

"But he wasn't my first love?" 

"But he was your first boyfriend who takes care, no babysits you." 

Tine's cheeks grew warm at Fong's remarks. Yes, Sarawat wasn't just taking care of him, Sarawat was literally babysitting Tine since he started courting Tine.