T H E C O N F E S S I O N

Start from the beginning

Adelaine said remorsefully, which made Annalise stand up and wrapped her arms around her little sister.

“You went through that?” Annalise asked, giving Addy a sweet kiss on the forehead. “All that? I shouldn't have left you with them alone, blast them howlers and punishments, I should've taken you with me ― To Malfoy Manor, Mrs. Malfoy will treat you really good.”

Never had Annalise thought that they will treat Adelaine so badly. She should've taken her little sister with her, no wonder Addy looked so exhausted when they met up in the train. They used her like a personal slave in house, like a house-elf.

Adelaine pulled away and seized her older sister's elbows. “I received your gift! But I had to hide it from Adam and Chantelle. These Robes..” she points to the slytherin mark embedded on her chest. “Are fancy! Anyways what does Malfoy Manor look like, Annie? Was it massive? I heard from the daily prophet that it is one of the ancient houses in Britain!” she beamed, eyes widening behind her horn-rimmed glasses.

“I didn't know you subscribed to the Daily Prophet ― I would suggest you read the Quibbler, no filter and more facts, their information is more trustworthy, our money won't go to waste.” Annalise said, and checked her watched again.

Ten til Apparitiom Class starts.

“To answer your question, yes, Malfoy Manor is massive. Do you know they have thestrals, the one Luna always talk to you about? Yeah? They have two of them, and peacocks! They have peacocks in their house! It is amazing, if The Malfoys invited me there again, I'll certainly bring you.”

Adelaine gasp in awe however her face suddenly fell.

“Annie..” She started, her tone of voice sounds different now. “Are you and Mister Malfoy together? It just seems odd that you're so close to the Malfoys now. Please tell me you're with him, I really like him for you, Mister Malfoy helps me with my homework during those times you were unavailable.”

Annalise's eyes widen in surprise as she looks down on Adelaine. “Oh did he?” when she received a nod as a response, she continued, “Well that's funny, Draco never told me that.” she grinned widely, and recalled the time they confessed, it was so full of love and energy, so different..

“You didn't answer my question!” Adelaine exclaimed, grumpily staring up at her.

“Oh fine fine, you little blighter..” Annalise sniggered, which caused Addy to roll her eyes. “Yes Addy, I am currently dating Draco Malfoy.”

A loud squeal emmited from Adelaine's mouth and suddenly she was jumping, leaping and clapping with sheer ecstacy, her eyes were twinkling, lips curled in a wide smile. She had never seen Addy so happy for her, maybe once during Quidditch, but it was definitely such a sight to see.

“Thank Merlin! You won't be lonely anymore!” she stopped and panted. “I've been worrying about that matter for so long now.” she sneered, and wiped the sweat off her neck with a handkerchief.

“Oh shut it, Addy” Annalise snapped, and read her wristwatch momentarily before looking at her younger sister.  “When you're of age, you'll know just how hard it is to love someone, and to be loved. Society demands so much from you in order to be loved.”

Silence fell over for a minute, until Adelaine spoke again. “Like what, Annie?”

Annalise stared into her sister's eye, she's so innocent, with her horn-rimmed glasses and messy brown hair. She couldn't help but sigh. “It's unreachable, their standards, they want woman to have curvy bodies but still needs to be skinny, they do not want boring eye-colour, said it was dull and no life, they want quirky girls yet demure and quiet, girls need to be an excellent cook, and a whore in bed, so they can stay.. It's complicated Addy.