Chapter 64 - Waiting

"Are you ready for this?" Athena smirked as her, Kymber, Hen, Karen, Maddie, and Misty made their way through the doors of the bridal shop.

"Of course I am." Kymber smiled as she took a deep breath. She looked around at all the pristine white dresses.

"You're going to look beautiful no matter which one you choose." Misty said, walking up next to Kymber, "Bobby will think you are stunning when you walk down that isle."

"Well... I hope so." Kymber chuckled.

"Hello there! You must be Kymberly! It's so wonderful to have you here." a cheery woman said as she entered the room.

"Hi!" Kymber said as the woman wrapped her in a hug.

"We've got plenty of dresses for you to try on. Come on back!" the woman began walking down the hallway and waved over her shoulder for them to follow, "Oh! My name is Gabby by the way!"

"Nice to meet you, Gabby." Athena said as they followed her into a big room with couches and a bunch of mirrors.

"You all can go ahead and take a seat and I will start working with Kymberly here on getting her into some dresses." Gabby said excitedly as she led Kymber into a small fitting room off to the side.

"Well, she seems awful cheery." Maddie laughed quietly as she sat down on the couch.

"Yes indeed." Hen said, sitting next to her.

"Are you getting excited, Misty?" Karen looked over at her.

"Very much so. I love weddings." Misty smiled, "What about all of you? You get to try on bridesmaids dresses once Kymber is done trying on dresses."

"Oh, I'm very excited." Maddie grinned from ear to ear, "I love getting fancy dresses."

"Eh. I'm alright with it." Hen chuckled.

"You're going to be fine, Hen." Karen rolled her eyes as she put her arm around Hen's shoulders.

"Have you thought about what you're going to wear yet?" Athena asked as she looked over at Misty.

"Not quite... I know what color I want. But I haven't started looking at dresses yet." Misty said as she looked around at all the dresses hanging along the walls.

"Well, maybe we can find one for you today!" Gabby said as she walked back out of the dressing room with a smile on her face, "Are you ladies ready to see the first dress?"

"Of course!" Maddie said, eagerly.

"Here she is!" Gabby said as she opened the door, revealing Kymber in a poofy, almost quinceañera like dress."

"What do you think?" Kymber asked as she walked out, it was obvious by her facial expressions that she wasn't a very big fan of the dress.

"I think you should try on something else." Misty said, "I can tell that you don't feel comfortable in it."

"I agree." Athena said.

"Alright." Kymber sighed in relief as she turned around to walk back into the fitting room.

"Definitely not her style." Karen smirked.

"She's never been much of a frilly girl. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets a dress with a fitted bodice and a loose flowing skirt." Misty shrugged.

"I could see that too... Kind of like her dress for the firefighter's ball last year." Hen said.

"She might surprise us, though. When I got my dress for our wedding, it was nothing like what I had dreamed of. But it was perfect for me." Karen said as she looked lovingly at Hen.

"That's for sure. I never expected you to wear a dress like that." Hen smirked.

"I wonder how many it will take for her to find the one?" Maddie looked around at everyone.

"For me it only took four dresses." Misty smiled, "I put on that fourth dress and I immediately knew that it was made for me."

"Awe. That's sweet. I hope I have a moment like that." Maddie smiled down at her hands.

"You're just waiting on Chim, aren't you?" Hen raised an eyebrow.

"Well... Yeah... I mean... I know that I want it... But... I don't think he's ready." Maddie shrugged.

"Have you talked to him about it?" Karen asked.

"No! What am I supposed to say?" Maddie blushed, "I don't want him to feel like I'm forcing him."

"Maybe I can say something." Hen smiled, just as Gabby walked out of the fitting room again.

"Here she is!" Gabby said as she opened the door.