Chapter 38 - Out

"Oh my god." Kymber covered her face in her hands.

"Is that a yes?" Bobby asked as he opened the ring box.

"Yes." Kymber cried as Bobby stood up and picked her up in a hug, "I love you, Bobby Nash."

"I love you, too." Bobby said as he hugged her tight. He set her back down and placed the ring on her finger before straightening up his jacket. "She said yes!" Cheers filled the room around them as Bobby walked back up to the stage. "Don't worry, the chief knew this was going to happen."

"That I did. I'm so glad that you decided to share this moment with all of us... Captain Nash, everybody." the chief held out his arm to put Bobby on display as he walked back over to Kymber. Once he reached her, he wrapped her in a hug once again.

"Is this why you were all so focused on getting me ready earlier and not yourselves?" Kymber looked over at the table.

"I have no idea what you are talking about..." Athena smirked as she took a sip of her wine.

"Just show us that rock already!" Karen laughed as Kymber and Bobby sat down. Kymber held her hand out to the middle of the table.

"Wow, Bobby. You have great taste. I'm impressed." Hen looked at him.

"I just picked what I thought would look beautiful on Kymber." Bobby shrugged.

"It's huge. It must have cost a fortune." Maddie said as she held Kymber's hand in hers.

"She's worth it." Bobby put his arm around Kymber's shoulder.

"How much did you spend?!" Kymber turned around to look at him.

"I'm not telling you that." Bobby chuckled, "No matter how much it costed, you are worth every penny and a billion more."

"You are such a dork." Kymber said.

"Yes I am... And now, I'm your dork forever." Bobby kissed the top of her head as the waiters started bringing out the dinner.

"Oooo it's so fancy!" Kymber said as a waiter started setting plates down on their table.

"Of course it's fancy, Kymber. It's a ball." Eddie smirked. Once everyone had a plate in front of them they began eating. Not a word was spoken until all of the plates were cleared.

"That was amazing." Tommy leaned back and reached his arm over Athena's shoulder, "What do you think, Athena?"

"It was pretty damn good." Athena smiled, just as music started to play. They all looked over as a few people started making their way out to the dance floor.

"Can I have this dance?" Bobby asked as he stood up from his chair.

"You may." Kymber smiled as she grabbed his hand and stood up.

"They are precious." Karen said as she watched Bobby and Kymber walk to the dance floor.

"They really are." Hen said.

"Can we go dance?" Maddie asked, looking over at Chimney.

"I have to warn you, I am an absolutely terrible dancer." Chimney chuckled.

"I don't care. I want to dance with my boyfriend." Maddie smiled at him.

"Wait, did you just call me your boyfriend?" Chimney's eyes lit up.

"Well, you are, aren't you?" Maddie asked.

"I mean... Yeah... You've just never called me that before." Chimney stood up, "Ready to dance?"

"I am." Maddie stood up and walked over to the dance floor, holding onto Chimney's arm.

"Are you guys going to dance?" Hen asked Buck and Eddie.

"Here's the thing... Not many people know that we are together yet... What if someone judges us?" Buck asked.

"No one has ever judged Karen and I at one of these balls when we have danced together." Hen shrugged.

"Come on. You can come with us." Karen stood up. Buck and Eddie looked at each other and smiled.

"Thanks." Eddie said as he and Buck stood up.

"Anytime. We know it can be scary when you first come out... We didn't have anyone by our side through it. That's not something that I would make you guys go through without help." Hen smiled.

"You're a really great friend, Hen." Buck said.

"You are, too, Buck. Even if you can be annoying as hell." Hen laughed as the four of them made their way to the dance floor.