Chapter 23 - Love

"Where is she?" Bobby yelled as he and Eddie ran through the emergency room doors. They were still fully in uniform, helmets and all.

"Calm down, Bobby. She's getting a CT scan right now." Hen said calmly.

"I can't calm down. I need her to be alright." Bobby panted.

"The doctors are going to do everything that they can to make sure of that, alright?" Chimney stepped up next to Hen.

"What do they think is wrong with her?" Bobby asked.

"We know for sure she has a concussion... How bad, we don't know... She also has a few broken ribs from the impact of the harness when she ran out of slack." Hen explained.

"Oh my god... This is all my fault." Bobby walked over to a chair and sat down with his face in his hands.

"Why is it your fault, cap?" Buck asked as they all walked over to him.

"I'm the one that told her to repel today." Bobby cried.

"It could've happened to any of us, cap. It's not your fault. There is no way you could've predicted this." Eddie sat down next to Bobby.

"No, but I should've had her take the safe way out and stay with Hen up top." Bobby said.

"Then if it wasn't her, it would've been me." Chimney crossed his arms, "Cap. Any of us could've gotten hurt. It's not your fault."

"I guess you're right." Bobby leaned back, his face red and puffy from crying.

"We should hear back about her CT soon, alright?" Hen said, kneeling down in front of him, "Just take my hands and breathe." Bobby made eye contact with her, tears built up along the bottom edges of his eyes, and grabbed Hen's hands.

"I can't lose her." Bobby looked around, "I love her. I've already lost so much in my life."

"We know, cap. We know." Buck placed his hand on Bobby's shoulder.

"Family of Kymberly Douglass?" a nurse called, looking down at her clipboard as she walked into the waiting room. Bobby shot up out of the seat.

"That's us." Hen stepped forward.

"We only have room for one of you..." the nurse said as she looked over to the small consultation room.

"I'll go." Bobby gulped as he stepped forward.

"Right this way, sir." the nurse guided him to the room. As they entered, she shut the door behind them.

"Do you think he's going to be alright?" Buck asked, trying to watch through the tiny window on the door.

"I sure hope so." Eddie said, "He's been going crazy thinking about her since it happened."

"I just hope she's ok. I don't want to see cap hurt." Hen said.

"Agreed. I mean, the man has finally started to be happy again." Chimney looked at Hen. The sound of a door opening caught their attention and they all looked back over to the small room. They watched as Bobby came out, hanging his head, holding his helmet with both of his hands.

"Is she going to be alright?" Buck asked as Bobby slowly approached them.

"They don't know yet." Bobby's voice wavered, "She's got a bleed in her brain, a broken vertebrae in her neck, and a punctured lung from the broken ribs."

"Oh my god, Bobby. I'm so sorry." Hen said as she walked over and gave him a hug. Bobby wrapped his arms around her and broke down in tears. He dropped his helmet to the floor as his knees slowly buckled below him. Hen carefully lowered him to the ground. "We are going to get you through this, alright?"

"I just need to see her." Bobby cried.

"Let me go talk to the nurse. I'll see what I can do." Hen looked over her shoulder and Buck, Eddie, and Chimney before walking over to the nurses station.

"We're all here for you, Bobby. Well get through this together." Chimney sat down on the floor next to him.

"What if she never wakes up, Chim?" Bobby looked over at him.

"You can't think like that, Bobby. You've got to think positive, for Kymber." Chimney said.

"I'm trying. But it's so hard. I've been in this position before and you know how that went." Bobby cried even harder.

"Yes, I know. But you've got to believe that Kymber is strong and that she's going to make it through this, ok?" Chimney patted Bobby on the back.

"I can't lost another person that I love." Bobby looked down at his hands.

911: Eclipse of the Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें