Chapter 18 - Surprised

"Hey, Kymber." Hen called a few hours later. It was already time for the shift to be over.

"What's up, captain?" Kymber smirked as she walked over.

"Hen is fine." Hen laughed, "Athena, Karen, and I are going to have a girls night tonight. Would you want to join us?"

"Really?" Kymber smiled, "I would love that... Athena is sargent Grant, right? And Karen is your wife?"

"That is correct. We're all going to hang out over at Karen and my house, drink wine, eat food, and talk." Hen said.

"Sounds like fun! Let me go let Bobby know so he's not looking for me when he goes to leave." Kymber said as she ran out of the locker room.

"Damn. They moved fast." Chimney laughed.

"You've got to remember they aren't in their twenties like the rest of you. Once you get to be in your mid thirties, you know what you want." Hen laughed.

"Hey, I know exactly what I want." Chimney put his arms out to his sides.

"Yeah. My sister." Buck shuttered at the thought, "Which still is really weird."

"She came onto me, man." Chimney laughed.

"Still weird." Buck said as he pulled his backpack over his shoulders, "But Hen's right. I have no idea what I want yet. I just want to play the field."

"What a surprise." Hen rolled her eyes. She watched over Buck's shoulder as a frown appeared on Eddie's face.

"What about you, Eddie? Do you have your eyes on anyone?" Chimney asked.

"Yeah... But you don't know her." Eddie tried to brush it off.

"Come on man, who is she?" Buck turned around.

"It doesn't matter, Buck." Eddie closed his locker.

"It does too!" Buck elbowed him.

"Buck." Hen glared at him.

"Alright, fine. Sorry, man." Buck said as he patted Eddie on the back, "See you all tomorrow!"

"Bye, Buck!" Kymber waved as her and Bobby walked out of his office and Buck walked out of the station.

"Edmundo Diaz." Hen stood up.

"Henrietta Wilson." Eddie said, mockingly.

"When are you gonna man up and tell him?" Hen walked over.

"Wait? Tell him what?" Chimney perked up.

"Yeah, what does Eddie need to tell Buck?" Kymber asked.

"It's not a girl that he's got his eyes on... It's Evan Buckley." Hen smirked.

"Shut up, Hen." Eddie sighed as he leaned his forehead against his locker.

"Wait, really? That's adorable." Kymber said, "You should tell him, Eddie! We could have two couples in the station!"

"You guys are a couple?! I thought you were just sleeping together?" Chimney asked confused. Everyone turned to him and stared. "What?"

"You're an idiot." Hen laughed.

"Hey!" Chimney stood up.

"I really don't want to talk about this." Eddie said, trying to leave the room, but Bobby held his arms up to stop him.

"Eddie, you need to go for it. Remember our conversation last week? I had a one in a thousand chance of being able to get away with this, and look at me. Talk to Buck." Bobby said.

"I'll think about it, cap... But right now, I have to get home to Christopher." Eddie said, walking out the door.

"I guess we're done talking." Bobby chuckled, "Hey, Chim. You want to go grab some dinner? Kymber is going with Hen tonight."

"I would... But I've got to get to my Buckley." Chimney thought about what he said, "Wait, that didn't sound right. I mean Maddie, not Evan."

"I was sure hoping so." Bobby laughed, "Alright, then. TV dinner and HGTV it is."

"Why does that not surprise me?" Hen laughed.

"I don't know." Bobby shrugged, "Have fun, Kymberly." Bobby walked over and kissed her forehead.

"Awe. Cute. Now let's go." Hen said as she walked towards the door.

"Good, I didn't want her to see me do this." Bobby smirked as he grabbed Kymber around the waist and pulled her in for a kiss.

"You're such a dork." Kymber laughed.

"I know, but I'm your dork." Bobby said as the two of them walked out the door. Hen had already pulled her car up along the street.

"Girls night! Woo!" Hen said.

"Yeah... Have fun with that." Bobby chuckled as Kymber walked over to Hen's car.

"And you have fun with your frozen food and girly TV channel." Kymber smirked.