Chapter 49 - Burst

"She's awake!" Eddie said, running into the playroom.

"Momma?" Nia looked over.

"Yeah! Momma's awake!" Eddie smiled.

"Yay!" Denny ran over to Eddie.

"You want to go see her?" Eddie crouched down and picked up Nia.

"Yeah! Momma!" Nia cheered as Eddie started down the hallway with the two of them.

"Are you excited for that?" Athena smirked at Kymber.

"I think so." Kymber smiled.

"Good. Now let's go see our friend." Athena stood up and walked over to the door.

"Alright." Kymber chuckled as she slowly stood up. All of a sudden her face went pale and she ran to the trash can in the corner of the room.

"Morning sickness?" Athena asked.

"Yeah." Kymber said as she wiped her mouth with her hand, "Can we find a bathroom before we go see Hen?"

"Of course." Athena said as her and Kymber started walking down the hall. They found a bathroom right down the hall from the playroom. Kymber went in and cleaned up before coming back out and heading to Hen's room.

"Hey." Hen said quietly, with a weak smile across her face.

"Baby!" Nia called out, pointing towards Kymber.

"What's that Nia?" Karen asked, looking over.

"Baby!" Nia said again. Bobby looked over at Kymber with wide eyes.

"She gave Kymber a baby doll while we were in the playroom with them. Said the baby's name was yellow." Athena chuckled.

"Thank you." Kymber mumbled under her breath. Athena nodded.

"Did you name a baby Yellow?" Hen smirked at Nia.

"Yellow!" Nia clapped her hands together.

"How are you feeling, Hen?" Chimney asked, pushing his way between Buck and Eddie to get to the side of her bed.

"I've been better." Hen laughed.

"I'm so glad that you're ok. I was scared that we were going to lose you." Chimney said.

"Yeah?" Hen looked up at him, "Even with two of the best paramedics in the world taking care of me?"

"You're my best friend. It made the whole situation a little scarier." Chimney chuckled.

"Fair enough." Hen looked over at Kymber, "What's different about you?"

"What do you mean?" Kymber asked, flustered.

"You're acting different... And... You look different. You're... You're glowing." Hen tilted her head sideways as she stared at Kymber.

"Glowing? Why would I be glowing?" Kymber laughed nervously.

"Are you pregnant?" Hen asked, looking back and forth between Bobby and Kymber.

"Baby!" Nia pointed at Kymber again.

"Oh my god. Are you?" Karen asked, turning towards Kymber.

"Uhhh..." Kymber looked over at Bobby.

"They said that she's not... But she's been sick all week." Buck crossed his arms.

"Uhhh." Bobby put his hand behind his head.

"She is! Oh my god!" Chimney said.

"Kymber, you're pregnant?" Eddie smiled.

"...yes..." Kymber looked down at the floor.

"Why wouldn't you just tell us?" Buck asked.

"I didn't want to be treated any differently at work." Kymber said.

"Wait. Is that why cap wouldn't let you do the maneuver?" Eddie looked over at Bobby.

"I couldn't risk her getting in that harness and hurting our baby." Bobby smirked.

"How do you feel about being a dad again, Bobby?" Hen looked up at him.

"I'm pretty excited." Bobby let out a huge smile, "I get to have another baby. How crazy is that?"

"It's pretty crazy. I never thought I'd see the day cap would get someone pregnant." Chimney laughed.

"Hey, it was a team effort." Bobby shrugged.

"Oh my god. Shut up." Kymber's face turned bright red.

"It is though." Bobby said.

"When did you find out?" Karen asked.

"Last week... The day of the accident." Bobby sighed.

"So she was being extra emotional! And I knew it wasn't food poisoning." Chimney said .

"Ok, I would've been emotional if I were pregnant or not. Hen was in bad shape. I was scared for my friend, of course I was emotional." Kymber defended herself.

"Every time we said anything you burst into tears." Bobby smirked at her, "You were definitely extra emotional."

"Fine, whatever." Kymber rolled her eyes.

"Baby!" Nia said again.

"Yeah! Baby! You're going to have a new friend to play with soon." Karen bounced Nia on her hip.

"The baby will be my friend, too, right?" Denny looked up at Kymber with sad eyes.

"Of course the baby will be your friend, too." Kymber smiled as Denny ran over and gave her a hug.