Chapter 14 - Spare

"Sooo... How was your first fire?" Bobby chuckled as Kymber got in his car a few blocks down the street.

"How do you think?" Kymber asked sarcastically. Her neck was covered in soot and some of her hair was singed.

"I told you that you should wear your hair up." Bobby smirked.

"I told you that you should wear your hair up." Kymber mocked, throwing her bag in the backseat.

"Seriously though. How was it?" Bobby asked as he put the car in drive.

"It was definitely interesting... Chimney moves very fast, especially around fire... It was hard to keep up with him." Kymber said.

"The fire made you nervous?" Bobby asked.

"The only fires I've ever been in were very much controlled. They weren't going to let me get hurt during training." Kymber laughed, "It was just a little nerve wracking knowing that there weren't people there keeping the fire under control when I was in there."

"Umm... Excuse me? What was I doing then?" Bobby chuckled.

"Ok... Fair. You and Eddie were keeping the fire under control." Kymber smirked at him.

"Thank you." Bobby laughed.

"I meant that you weren't able to watch my every move and make sure I didn't get hurt." Kymber said.

"That is true... But Chimney, Hen and Buck were all in there with you. They wouldn't have let anything bad happen." Bobby said.

"Yeah, you're right." Kymber leaned her head back, "I'm exhausted."

"How about this. You go home and shower, and I'll go to my place and make us dinner?" Bobby looked at her.

"I just want to lay in bed and do nothing." Kymber looked over, "Ok... Shower then lay in bed and do nothing."

"I can bring you your dinner?" Bobby offered.

"No, I don't want you to have to do that. I'll come get it." Kymber sighed.

"No, you will stay in your bed and I will bring it over." Bobby laughed.

"Fine." Kymber smiled, "Are you going to eat dinner in my bed with me?"

"Of course. Dinner and movies." Bobby grinned.

"Speaking of movies..." Kymber looked down.

"Yeah... Last night. How are you feeling about it?" Bobby glanced at her.

"I mean, don't get me wrong. It was great... I am worried that it wasn't good enough for you." Kymber blushed.

"You don't need to worry about that. I thought it was amazing." Bobby smirked.

"Yeah?" Kymber looked at him.

"Oh yeah." Bobby laughed.

"Ok. Good." Kymber sighed.

"Is that really all you wanted to talk about?" Bobby asked as he pulled into a parking space.

"Yeah. I've been worried all day." Kymber looked down and chuckled.

"You don't need to worry about that from now on, alright?" Bobby got out of the car.

"I am so glad I met you." Kymber smiled as she got out of the car. She walked around the front and wrapped her arms around Bobby's waist, resting her head on his chest.

"Me too. I love you." Bobby said.

"I love you, too." Kymber said.

"Alright. Now go take a shower. I'll see you in a little bit, alright?" Bobby laughed as they started walking towards the door.

"I don't even have energy for that to be honest." Kymber said.

"Please? For me?" Bobby teased.

"What happens if I don't?" Kymber raised an eyebrow at him.

"No more kisses." Bobby made a face at her as the exited the stairwell on their floor.

"Ugh. Fine I will take a shower." Kymber sighed.

"You're already hooked, huh?" Bobby smirked.

"Maybe a little." Kymber laughed as she started to unlock her door.

"I tend to have that affect on women." Bobby said, but he couldn't keep a straight face, "I am totally kidding."

"Uh huh, sure." Kymber said sarcastically.

"See you soon." Bobby kissed the top of her head.

"Here. Take my key so you can get in once you finish dinner." Kymber said after opening the door.

"Ah, you trust me with your key?" Bobby smiled.

"Bobby. I love you, of course I trust you." Kymber handed him the key.

"Well, I'm very glad." Bobby said.

"You trust me, don't you?" Kymber looked at him before closing her door.

"Of course I trust you. In fact, I'm going to bring you my spare key." Bobby said as he ran to his apartment.