Chapter 3 - Abnormal

"Here's the locker room." Bobby said as he and Kymber walked into the small room to the side of the station.

"So which one is mine?" Kymber asked quietly.

"This one right here." Bobby pointed to the locker on the end.

"Great. Thanks." Kymber said. She walked over to the locker and placed her bag inside.

"I didn't realize that you were our new paramedic." Bobby chuckled nervously as he leaned against the lockers.

"Just like I didn't realize that you were Captain Nash?" Kymber stared into her locker.

"Yeah... Kind of." Bobby smirked. Kymber quietly hung her bag and her jacket in the locker, trying not to make eye contact. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine... It was just a little awkward to see you here." Kymber blushed as she shut the locker and turned towards Bobby.

"Why was it awkward?" Bobby said.

"Well... I don't know if I should say... You're kind of my boss now." Kymber said awkwardly.

"You like me... Don't you?" Bobby looked down.

"Would it be bad if I said yes?" Kymber asked.

"Well... I mean, yes and no. I am your boss..." Bobby sighed.

"Great. I moved all the way to LA just to embarrass myself... I should probably go." Kymber turned back to her locker and grabbed her jacket.

"No, don't go." Bobby stopped her before she could grab her bag.

"Look, Bobby. You're great and all, and yeah I may have a tiny little crush on you, but I can't do this. It's already too weird and it's only my first day." Kymber said.

"I promise, I won't make it weird. In fact, we never have to bring it up again." Bobby held his hands up in defense.

"I don't know..." Kymber looked at the ground.

"Kymber, I promise." Bobby placed his hand on her shoulder, "Please stay."

"Alright, fine." Kymber sighed as she hung her jacket back in her locker.

"I'm going to head back upstairs, you go ahead and get changed into your uniform. It's on the bench there... I'll see you in a few minutes?" Bobby nodded at her.

"Yeah... See you in a few minutes." Kymber grabbed the uniform off of the bench and walked to the bathroom. Bobby turned and headed back up the stairs.

"Were you guys spying?" Bobby asked as he noticed Hen and Chimney leaning over the railing.

"What? Us? No... We were just observing the firehouse." Chimney shrugged.

"Uh huh. You were spying." Bobby said as he made it to the top of the stairs.

"Did you shoot your shot?" Eddie smirked.

"Yeah. Get those digits?" Buck laughed.

"Of course not... I'm her boss, that would be unprofessional." Bobby shook his head.

"Translation, he thought about it." Hen joked.

"It doesn't matter if I did or didn't. I won't be doing anything about it." Bobby sat down at the table.

"Does that mean that the sexual tension isn't going away anytime soon?" Buck asked.

"What do you mean? What sexual tension?" Bobby asked.

"Come on. It was all over. You know exactly what we are talking about. The two of you want each other... And bad." Hen laughed.

"Whatever... It doesn't matter." Bobby said.

"Shh! Shh! She's coming back." Chimney whispered.

"So what now?" Kymber asked, walking up the stairs.

"Now we wait." Eddie leaned back in his chair and lifted his feet onto the table.

"Really?" Kymber asked, "We don't go drive around?"

"Nope. We wait until we get a call." Hen said.

"Oh... Alright." Kymber said as she walked over to the table and sat down, as far from Bobby as she could get.

"So, where are you from, Kymberly Douglass?" Buck asked.

"San Diego." Kymber said.

"What brings you to LAFD?" Chimney asked, walking over.

"A year ago my twin brother died in a car accident... Because of that I decided to go through EMT training, I was tired of sitting behind a desk... And the LA part? Well... I figured that living with my parents at thirty-six was a little abnormal, so I decided that I would get a fresh start in a place where I didn't know anyone." Kymber explained.

"You have a twin? That's so cool!" Buck said.

"Well, had. His name was Kyle. We have two younger siblings, too. Kent and Kayla." Kymber said.

"Your parents had a thing for K names, huh?" Hen laughed.

"I guess so." Kymber smiled.