Chapter 30 - Demeanor

"Good morning." Buck said as he walked up the stairs the next morning, smiling from ear to ear.

"Good morning." Bobby chuckled, "You're very chipper today."

"Yeah..." Buck looked down at his feet with a huge smile as he walked over to the table. Eddie walked up the stairs soon after.

"I take it that you guys are a thing now?" Kymber asked.

"I guess you could say that." Eddie smirked, walking over to the table.

"I told you that you needed to shoot your shot." Bobby laughed.

"You only told me that because I told you that you needed to shoot your shot with Kymber." Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Exactly. And I did. It worked for me, I figured it could work for you." Bobby smiled.

"I know I know. You told me so." Eddie sighed as he sat down.

"Gotta listen to cap, Eddie. Come on." Buck smirked.

"Why didn't you tell anyone about liking Eddie?" Hen looked at him.

"Actually, I did tell someone... I told Maddie." Buck said.

"And Maddie told me. I hate that she makes me keep secrets from you." Chimney said as he walked over to the counter to get a cup of coffee.

"Maddie told you?" Buck looked over at Chimney in shock.

"She tells me everything, Buck." Chimney shrugged as he poured some milk into his coffee, "She's my girlfriend. That's kind of how those things work."

"How long ago did she tell you?" Buck asked.

"How long ago did you tell her?" Chimney looked up at him.

"Like three months ago." Buck said, "What does that have to do with anything?"

"She told me one day less than three months ago." Chimney smiled before raising his mug.

"You kept that secret for that long? Why didn't you say anything when we were talking about my feelings for him?" Eddie asked.

"Maddie made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone... She said she would withhold things if I told anyone... And I can't do that man." Chimney walked back over to the table.

"Oh my god! Chimney! That's my sister you're talking about. Ew." Buck looked at Chimney, disgusted.

"Yep. And she's also my girlfriend." Chimney laughed.

"That doesn't mean I want to hear about what you do with her." Buck looked down.

"I mean, I didn't give any details... I can if you want." Chimney said.

"Says the man who always gets on us for TMI." Bobby said as he walked over behind Kymber and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Yeah... You're right..." Chimney sighed, "Eh... I'll still talk about it."

"Uh, no the hell you won't." Buck stood up.

"You're right." Chimney backed up with his eyes open wide.

"Awe, Chim. Are you scared of Buck?" Hen laughed.

"Have you seen how much bigger than me he is? Yeah, I am a little scared of him." Chimney looked at her.

"Alright, alright." Bobby said, "Settle down. No need to get in a fight."

"I wouldn't have actually fought him... Maddie would've been mad at me if I hurt him." Buck said.

"Yeah she would." Chimney smirked as he sat back down.

"Let's change the subject..." Hen said, "What happened between you two yesterday?"

"Well, obviously we kissed... Once we got down to Bobby's office we talked for a while and admitted all of our feelings for each other." Eddie said.

"You didn't touch my desk, did you?" Bobby asked.

"No, cap. We didn't touch your desk." Buck chuckled, "But after the shift was over and we left, we went out for drinks, had a little fun."

"What is with all the sex talk today." Kymber looked around.

"Who said anything about sex?" Buck looked at her.

"But you just said... Isn't that what you meant by saying you had a little fun?" Kymber asked.

"Yeah, I was just messing with you. We definitely did." Buck laughed.

"And you said that we moved fast." Bobby rolled his eyes.

"We've known each other for a year, cap. You slept with Kymber within the first week you knew each other." Eddie said.

"Ok, fair." Bobby chuckled as he held up his hands in defense.

"So now we're all in relationships." Kymber smiled, "That's great. We all get to be happy."

"Who says I wasn't happy before?" Eddie asked.

"Your demeanor." Hen smirked.