Please Come Home part 24

B-"Fine"

I rolled my eyes and went downstairs then outside and sat on one of the lawn chairs by the fire.

A-"Betty?"

I looked up to see Archie peaking over the fence.

B-"Hey"

I quickly wiped my tears and stood up then unlocked the fence door and opened it up, letting him go through.

A-"You ok? You looked like you were upset"

B-"I-I'm just going through some things right now"

A-"Do you maybe wanna talk about it? I moved back into my old house and it's just me so we could have some privacy"

B-"Well my sister and her kids are over right now but after they leave I can come over"

A-"Yeah, I'll see you then"

We both smiled and he walked back over to his house.

-A few hours later-

B-"Mom! I'm gonna go to Archie's for a little"

A-"Ok, be home for dinner"

B-"I will"

I walked over to Jay and kissed the top of his head.

B-"Be good baby, I'll be back in a little bit"

J-"Ok love you"

B-"Love you too"

I kissed my mom's cheek then went out the front door and walked across our front lawn to Archie's house and knocked on the door.

A-"Hey"

B-"Hi"

He moved out of the way and welcomed me in, I walked in and sat down on the couch.

B-"A lot of memories in this house"

He chuckled and got a beer out of the fridge.

A-"Yeah. Do you want a- oh sorry forgot you're pregnant"

I looked down at my feet while trying to hold back my tears.

B-"I'm not anymore" (whispers)

A-"What?"

He closed the fridge and sat down next to me as a tear slipped down my cheek.

B-"I-I had a miscarriage" (voice crack)

A-"Betty, I'm so sorry"

He pulled me into a hug as the tears broke out. I started to sob uncontrollably, I couldn't hold it back or even stop it. I felt Archie's warm arms wrap around my back and pull me close to his chest.
He asked me if I wanted to talk about it but I just shook my head no, he accepted it and turned on some music then grabbed my a beer. We sat on his couch and laughed, right now he was the only one that could make me laugh. Soon Happier, by Ed Sheeran came on and Archie stood up then extended an arm out to me.

A-"Wanna dance?"

B-"Sure"

I smiled then he pulled me up and pulled me close to his chest.
We slow danced, but as we danced slowly around his living room, the music playing over the speaker, the memories started to come back.