Blueberry

"I needed a distraction from my idol life

"I needed a distraction from my idol life. I didn't want to overwork myself." San lied.

Pulling up into a strange parking lot, he said "I figured if I took you to the dorm, the guys would probably never let you breathe so I brought you here"

Glancing around, I asked "Here as in an empty parking lot?"

San smiled at that before saying "Patience is key, blueberry"

"Blueberry?" I questioned, confused as I stared at the man.

"Your hair, silly" was his reply before he rushed out of the car, straight over to my side as he opened the door for me.

Grasping my hand in his, he helped me out before he pulled me behind him.

°°°

"This is probably the only place you can be alone" San said, leaning against the door frame as I stepped into the room.

"Ateez's practice room" I said as I glanced around the room that held some sort of memory to me.

"I'll leave you alon-" San words were interrupted when I said "Don't leave me"

My words carried a sense of desperation.

Nodding, San stepped inside as he closed the door behind himself.

°°°

"Those were the hardest six months of my life, the first month he treated me so sweetly. He had me fooled" I let out as the man sat just beside me.

"I don't know how blind I was to not see that, he completely used me and you tried to warn m-"

Pausing at that, I snapped my head in his direction as I let out "You tried to warn me...and I didn't believe you"

"I am so sorry" I whispered, now ashamed to even face him.

Looking down at my hands, I cleared my throat and once again, I said "I'm really sorry, San"

"Don't be, y/n!" San said, dropping his figure next to mine on the cold floorboards.

"Spending six months with him really turned out differently than how I expected it to."

"In life, you need to make mistakes to learn so don't beat yourself up over this." Grasping my hand in his, he continued "You have potential to do so many things in life and I know that the other half of the year will be brighter for you"

Smiling softly at that, I let out "How can you still be so kind to me? I barged into your life, ruining it instead of helping you then when I finally got together with your friend, you support me even when I completely lashed out at you"

"Because I knew from inception that you deserved better. You didn't ask for a life where your parents would treat you as if you didn't exist and then you, committing yourself to someone you had feelings for only to find out that those feelings wasn't mutual..." San started as he glanced away from me.

"You deserve so much better, no one deserves to be abused, no one deserves to be pushed aside, everyone has an opinion and I said this already and I'll say it again, you have a kind heart and I know that you're the type of person to push aside your opinion to avoid problematic endings and that, y/n, is your only flaw."

At this point, my tears couldn't be controlled. I just don't get how someone could be so kind to me after all that I had put him through.

"You're not a human punching bag, y/n, I know that even after all that, you're not going to press charges against Ten and again, I'll say that is your flaw. You'll worry about his group and the company and just let it slide, right?"

I knew that it was completely true so I nodded. I couldn't put the rest of Ten's group at risk just because of something he did.

"I don't know how but as soon as I see him, my heart beats really fast either out of fear or love. And honestly, most times, it was fear..."

"And that's okay, you're allowed to fear someone that hurts you. You're allowed to run from someone that hurts you but what you shouldn't have done is lead him on more and more and more, knowing the kind of power he held over you." San let out softly.

"I had no clue you were so afraid of him, I knew that you had feelings for him but never did I think that you'd let that fear overpower you by this much" San continued.

"I-i blocked him on all social media hoping that he wouldn't contact me after I sent him a break up text."

"That's great! It's up to you to decide where you want to go from this point in life now. You just have to make the right choice"

Worried, I asked "and what if I make the wrong one again?"

"Then I'll still be here to support you and help you through it"

At his words, I knew that San had grown on me. He wasn't just a friend, he was my best friend. He was someone I hold very close to my heart. He's someone I don't plan on letting go of soon.

Smiling at that, I said "I really don't feel like facing Michelle now either"

Squeezing my hand lightly, San said "Then don't! Come stay with me for a while?"

"I can't- what will the guys think-"

I was interrupted when San said "I'll talk to them and if they're okay with it, you're coming with me, blueberry"

°°°

Don't forget to vote!

And thank you for #3 in #choisan!!!!