Chapter 25 : Restrained Devotion (THE END)

„Kaen? I need to tell you everything! So…you better listen and get prepared of might even hating me after hearing the things that happened to me and…my sister!“

His eyebrows crashed in utter confusion yet he was ready to listen, as he perked his ears and held the eye contact with the woman who gave him a caution beforehand.

„You have a sister?“, was the first thing he wondered before looking down on his feet and back up to listen to more of the things he didn’t know yet.

„I do. Her name is Y/n!“, Kaen’s eyes widened and before he could ask more about that topic, Dae began to talk in a faster manner.

„I needed to leave her at a young age because some people were searching for us. Our grandparents took us in. I stayed with my grandfather and Y/n stayed with our grandmother. I legally changed my name and was on the run and on the search for the killer of our parents. I found out now. It looks like this man who took out parents away had held a grudge on me because of a certain reason and took his anger out of our parents. Apparently my father was in debt and this certain man was ordered to kill my father“, Kaen shuddered, not believing what he was hearing.

„Who was that man?“, Kaen’s eyes seemed empty. He looked shocked but according to the way he looked at the strong headed woman, it was clear he suspected a person, „My father?“

It was Dae's turn to widen her eyes.

„How do you know?“

„One day, he came back home. J was in my room at that time and eavesdropped on the conversation my father had with my mother. I was already in pain when I heard them talking but once they spoke, my heart came up to my throat. I heard my father saying that he finished someone off. Then I got curious and opened the door a little only to see my father drenched in blood. That’s when I ran away from home with the window as my exit. How…did you find out it was my father?“

Gulping intensely, she thought for a good explanation. However, there weren’t any so she explained everything that may is good to know for an other person as well. Y/n.

„I hired some men. That’s also how I found out that the man your father was working for died. And that’s also how I checked up on Y/n all this time. Kaen…I am not just a businesswoman. I am not working for the mafia or anything but I surely make people pay for their sins. Your father was one of those people“

Expecting a very exaggerated reaction from the young man, nothing like that was the result though.

„Did you kill him?“

„No, my men did! I am sorry but I had to do it. I promised my family that I would find the one who killed my mother and that I would find the man who killed my father. Since they both died out of my hands, I can finally unite with my sister. I heard she has a trauma of what happened in our childhood but can’t remember me that well yet. She knows there was someone else that she valued in her life. The only thing I need to tell her is that this person is me. Since your father doesn’t have a chance to hurt us anymore, I can finally tell her that I am her sister!“

Kaen smiled while letting out a long breath of air. His one hand found hers as he looked down at them, admiring the sight of their intertwined hands.

„There is no reason to say sorry. You didn’t just make the man who killed your mother dissappear, you also made the man dissappear, who harmed me and my mother. Since he was the one who killed my mother when he was drunk , he should pay for that sin as well. I am no longer his sandbag, thanks to you. I hope…you and Y/n will live peacefully again without having to run away anymore. I am happy you came back as my heroine and I hope you can also stay with me as my heroine. Even now you’re protecting me indirectly…although the man has to protect the woman!“, chuckling a little, Kaen blushed over his own choice of words, making Dae, also called Jade, shake her head in disagreement.

„A woman can also protect her man! Don’t bring back the stereotypes!“, a small smile appeared on the lips of the young aged woman as she tightened her hold on the young man’s hand.

This made Kaen smirk and wiggle his eyebrows.

„I am your man now?“, he closed the space between them, trying to get her to talk.

„Don’t be silly and come up with an idea how I can possibly tell Y/n that I am her older sister…!“

Kaen genuinely looked worried when Dae stopped being playful and voiced out her own concern.

„Hm…how about we drive to her home today and order chicken? When we have a good atmosphere, Jungcrack and me could go out and wait for you until you’re done talking. To give you guys some privacy, you know?“, waiting for a response, Dae slowly nodded her head but then she frowned.

„Jungcrack?“, she squeaked.

„Yeah, i always used to call him that to tease him. Anyways! Let’s leave this company because somehow I feel suffocated whenever we are in your office!“, attempting to pull her hand to the exit, Dae stopped him.

„Why do I feel like you guys fought or something?“, that got Kaen’s attention as he turned to the woman, he always admired.

„Me and Jungkook? We didn’t fight! We just stopped getting along since the past. Nothing serious though! Let’s go!“

The day already turned dark as the stars shone in the sky while people were rushing through the city. Dae and Kaen made their ways to Y/n’s, your, house. Jungkook had already arrived there and probably arranged a bigger table for the living room for everyone to sit comfortably. It would be a lie if Dae said that she wasn’t nervous. Imagine telling your long lost sister that you’ve finally found peace to meet her face to face. Of course it would be difficult for both sides. However, Kaen assured the gorgeous woman next to him that this night would have a happy ending.

When Dae’s driver parked in the driveway, both of them got out and neared the door before ringing the bell. Little did they know that the door opened not even a second after because you most probably waited for the visitors.

„Finally! Come inside, it’s cold!“, with that Dae, who was directly facing her little sister, smiled and walked in, already seeing Jungkook putting the soju bottles on the table.

After Kaen also made his way into the house, his voice caused your boyfriend to flinch backwards.

„A diligent boyfriend I see. What’s up simp?“, Kaen’s appearance left Jungkook tensed but nevertheless he turned and smiled at him.

„More diligent than you, yeah. And since I ain’t simping over your annoying butt, I guess you wouldn’t have a problem for me being a simp for my girl, ts!“, Jungkook scoffed, while Kaen nodded his head as Dae nudged his shoulder as a sign he should stop being so rude.

While Jungkook and Kaen started to chase each other with teasing words until they sat down on the chairs, you and Dae made a lot of eye contact. Looking at her made you feel so at ease. It wasn’t like you looked at a businesswomen that was much more experienced than you, it was more like looking at an old friend whom you needed all your life along.

Eating and chatting was not an issue at all as Jungkook and Kaen kept being themselves. Jade, your sister, was also creating her own topics to talk about with you until you also found topics to talk about. The house was filled with long talks and laughters whenever someone said something funny.

When Kaen noticed how Dae was trying hard to open up to you, he nudged his old high school friend and made a sign with his eyes to leave you girls alone for a while.

So they went to Jungkook’s bedroom with the excuse of him wanting to show something to Kaen.

After the boys were gone, Dae started to switch to a more serious tone, that made you nervous yet excited.

„Y/n…I honestly don’t know how to start to talk to you about this but I just want you to know…that however you may react to whatever I have to say, the truth won’t change anything. I will understand your reaction but I really need to tell you something that has been my plan all these years long. As soon as I took care of everything, this has been on the the top of my list. Y/n…I am…I am your sister Jade! The girl who run away with you through the forest and the girl who had seem the death of our beloved mother. We were separated so the killer wouldn’t find us suspicious. That’s why I changed my name and left you. I promised you that I would come and get you as soon as I found who our father was working for and the man who killed our mother and I did. And since they aren’t among us anymore, it was safe for me to say that i could finally meet you and tell you everything. This house…was bought by me. Just so that you could feel at ease with everything you have been going through. As your older sister I thought I should take some burdens off your shoulders. I am sorry. You can get angry and even slap me, I won’t mind. Just don’t tell me that you don’t accept me or else, I’ll seriously fall apart…“

Meanwhile

„What are they saying?“

„I don’t hear crap! Be quite or they might hear us!“, Jungkook responded in a bored tone, keeping himself busy with the things on his desk.

„I want to know what is going on though!“, Kaen aggressively whispered.

„She knows already…“, Jungkook faintly admitted, causing his old friend to her confused with the sudden information.

„What does she already know? Who?“

„Y/n! Y/n knows everything already. She remembers. She remebered everything and told me as well!“, Jungkook explained.

„Damnnn!“

Back to the girls

Dae expected am intense reaction, keeping her beautiful green eyes away from her younger sister.

„No wonder I felt so comfortable around you all this time, right? I knew already! I remembered a little girl playing and taking care of me. I first believed it was a friend I owned but it happened to be my best friend. My older sister. I remembered everything when Jungkook and me drove home the other day. I had that brutal headache again and saw puzzle pieces I have never seen before but then I figured out that every piece connect to one another. With the help of Jungkook I got to know that the result, the picture, of that puzzle was missing! And that was you! It was already odd that people told us that we looked alike, don’t you think so?“, you smiled with teary eyes before standing up from where you sat.

Jade immediately jumped up too and analyzed your face for any signs of anger or disappointment but all she got to see was a little girl who longed for that picture of that puzzle. Her best friend, her sister.

That’s when you guys embraced each other in a hug.

The sobbing sounds and the accelerated heart beats were too loud and too fidgety to ignore. The shaking bodies of two fragile souls were finally connected to each other.

„I missed you!“, Jade whispered, a loud sob echoing inside the room.

„I was also missing you!“

Still hugging, the boys slowly appeared from a corner. The guest room, Jungkook’s new room, was being left as the boys took in the heartwarming sight of two sisters having each other in arms again. They smiled.

Kaen nudged Jungkook.

„Shall we hug too?“

„Hug a pillow clingy sock!“

Everything was going how it was supposed to go. Everyone was happy and satisfied. Eating, drinking and laughing with each other was enough for you guys to be as joyful as you were.

Yet the night didn’t end.

Kaen observed his old friend grinning at his girlfriend and smiled.

„Jungkook?“, calling out for that certain name, everyone went silent, looking at Kaen who seemed kind of nervous as he scratched the back of his head.

„I am sorry for breaking off my friendship with you in high school. I actually didn’t know why I did that. I guess I was just angry that you didn’t notice some things I went through. I envied you for having normal parents and a normal life. I am sorry…let’s be how we used to! Best friends, brothers! I promise we won’t break off twice!“, Kaen held up a pinky promise up in front of Jungkook who was sitting beside him.

Your boyfriend smiled and sealed the promise with his own pinky finger connecting with Kaen’s.

„Since I was oblivious of the things you went through, I will pay more attention to you from now on and ask you for a favor after I will do what I am planning to do!“

Everyone’s expression turned to a surprised one as Jungkook stood up and pulled you on your hand until you were slowly yourself from your chair and walked little away from table.

Your boyfriend smiled at you before pulling out a box from his jacket.

„My mother annoyed me but the only person who annoying me the most was myself. Maybe because I was afraid. I don’t know. What I knew though was, that I don’t want to let go of you ever! I want you to stay beside me forever! So that’s why…I am going to ask a question that will change both of our lives hopefully into a beautiful, heartwarming fairy tale…“, opening the blue box, he presented a silver ring with a diamond in the middle. There was a small light attached to the top of the interior of the box, making the ring glow with a golden light.

Kaen and Jade stood up from their chairs as well as they looked at each other and smiled in excitement.

„Will you marry me Y/n! Will you….accept the restrained devotion between us?“

__________________________________________

The End!

I hope you liked the story. Thank you so much for your support!

I hope you're going to wait for more stories of mine in the future.

Thank you! :)