Chapter 17 : When Breathing Becomes A Sin

I am sorry this chapter is quite short yet it tells some informations that you might need to think about a little more.

"Me? Well guess who I am....!"

You slowly let go of the woman's hand, eyes piercing into hers as she took some steps closer to you. Heart hammering against your chest, you analyzed every inch of her face with the hope of solving the mystery that took place inside your head.

You knew this woman from somewhere but the place had erased itself, causing you to be left with nothing but dust and dirt.

And then it rang. It was her. The woman you've walked past by in the company before you fainted. Her scent...it made its way to your nostrils as in her aura shook your brain on its spot. Was she the reason why you've fallen onto the ground?

Remembering the words of your doctor who said that your headaches are caused by familiar objects, persons and happenings from your past. A trauma. But what did the woman symbolize? Was she a person...from your past?

"I am Dae! Kang Dae! I am the boss of the company you've visited a while ago. I came here to talk to Mr. Jeon. I guess you're his assistant...", apart from her lips, her facial features didn't show any movements when she talked. A blank face but a divine beauty. Her eyes talked louder than the words she had uttered.

She was looking at you like she suppressed her emotions from dripping from her tongue. A tear would be the last evidence that would clarify your observation.

Was she hurt?

"Are you...okay?"

Silence. Kang Dae finished off her sentence yet her mouth was willed to work again after your question was mixed with the fresh wind that blew your hair back.

Then she cracked a smile, which didn't seem to be all telling. A mask, to be specific.

"Of course I am...how are you?"

It was strange that it felt like you knew each other for years. That question...seemed genuine. Dae was clearly dying to ask you that question.

Smiling through your doubts, you took her hand from the side of her hip, holding it firmly in yours, making her shot a surprised glare at you.

"You're the first person who asked me that despite not being close to me. I am fine and I already assumed  you're the boss that I was so excited to meet", that's when Dae smiled. It was breathtakingly although she wasn't smiling wide enough.

The dimples on her chin were to die for and soon she was unconciously holding tighter onto your hand as if she didn't want to let go of it. Noticing that her hand was shaking, you developed concern that was building up inside of you.

Was she really okay?

"Don't worry. I'll be asking you more often from now on. Could...you maybe lead me to your boss's office? It's my first time here!", coming back to your senses, you shook your head multiple times before letting go of her hand.

"Of course. I am sorry I was totally forgetting the purpose of your visit! You might follow me!", smiling at each other, you've brought her into the office of your boyfriend. She sat down on one of the chairs in front of the desk and looked at you with those green eyes that you've admired.

She looked so young. Around your age, if not then just a few years older. Her slim and petite figure woke up an urge of you wanting to hug her. The black coat that was surely way too big for her, reached her curvy calves perfectly.

As you wanted to exit before Jungkook came inside, Dae stopped you on your tracks.

"Don't you want to stay here with us?", your boyfriend then entered the office but your eyes were stuck on the woman who was glaring at you with an innocent expression that made your heart melt.

Later you saw Jungkook standing beside you. Dae stood up and bowed out of respect and so did Jungkook.

"Is it okay if I stayed in here", you asked your boss who immediately nodded and sat down on his chair.

"I am Kang Dae, the woman who agreed on a contract with you. It's nice to meet you!", Jungkook's eyes widened and his mouth slightly opened and closed before he let out a small chuckle.

"I am sorry, I indeed didn't thought about you perhaps being a woman since I always closed contracts with men. Probably that's the reason. It's a pleasure to see you", Dae's lips curved up, enchanting a little smile.

"It's okay, I actually assumed that. I don't like meeting people personally that's why I usually order my manager to handle stuff like that for me. This is my first time agreeing on a contract personally", Jungkook amusingly chuckled.

"Well then I am honored. You...actually look quite familiar though...", rummaging through some papers, Jungkook leaded on a conversation with Dae.

But she immediately stopped smiling and her hands were rubbing against her knees. If it was nervousness or just a habit was not clear, yet this uncomfortable movement didn't escape from your sight. She seemed to be uneasy with what your boyfriend said.

Presenting a faint smile, that surely carried more than politeness, her voice sounded through the silent room.

"Who knows? Maybe we encountered on a certain day but I do not show myself to public in order to not catch the attention of people who underestimate me...", she explained briefly.

That's when you remembered the things Dae's manager told you on the phone :

"...She is not a simple businesswoman you see on the streets for a cup of coffee. It would be for your and your boss's well being if you guys stayed away from her and kept a balance between business only!"

Your eyes fell on the mysterious figure in front of you again.

What did the manager mean with that?

Jungkook frowned, folding his hands together before he questioned the sayings of the woman a little further.

"What...exactly does that mean?"

Dae smiled and looked down on her black boots that manipulated her height into a taller person.

"As soon as the public sees that I am still chasing the reason why I am still breathing, they will do everything to take that reason down no matter what the reason...or who that reason may is. And I am the only person...who can prevent that to happen by holding my breath...!"

____________________

Please forgive me that the chapter is shorter than usual but I don't want to reveal everything yet. As always :

Step by step... :)