Chapter 23 : Remember Me!

"Jungkookie! Do you think Kaen will be okay working for Dae as a bodyguard?", it had been hours since you wanted to ask that question but you could not stop overthinking if that might be a litte offending to Kaen.
Jungkook snorted, turning his head to your direction. You were curently working on the paperwork your boyfriend handed you.

"Kaen does not seem like someone who would enjoy working for others! So, no! But why that sudden question? Are you worried about Dae?"

"To be honest, I am kind of worried about Kaen. Because Dae seems like she would have to suffer having him next to her, don't you think so?"

And again, your boyfriend held in a loud laugh. He was very well aware that you were right. Kaen and Jungkook had been friends since childhood days and imaging him acting like a five years old child next to his own boss, did not seem impossible at all.

"Exactly! But I can see why he would work for her!", Jungkook kept typing on his device.

"Dae looks like Jade and Jade was Kaen's first love", you suddenly remembered the story Jungkook told you yesterday. You were curious about Kaen's and Jade's history, so you have asked Jungkook about it.

He mentioned how strong and she was and how she would always defend weak people in high school. It sounded like Jade was a heroine coming straight out from a comic magazine.

"Correct! Anyways! Mom called me when you were going to the bathroom. She keeps hurrying me to marry you! She is getting jealous of all her friends telling her that their children are getting married already, so she can not wait for me to decide to marry either. Maybe if you did talk to mom, she would understand that it is still too early to get married yet", chuckling over your boyfriend's words, you shook your head.

"Maybe she is right tough...you are getting old!", for the first time, Jungkook actually looked at you, hid head almost cracking by the speed of his head turning to face you.

"Huh? Excuse me ma'am but I am surely not the only one getting old!", he argued.
"Well, still older than me though!"

"So wait! You want to get married? Like...you don't want to wait?", Jungkook's voice sounded catious enough for it to be audible.

But you just smiled and did not give him an answer to his question, widening his eyes.

"Wait! You actually want to get married with me?!", jumping up from his seat, his eyes never left your figure. You chuckled at his reaction, trying to calm him down from the adrenline that was probably rushing through his veins.

"Calm down Jungkook, some people might hear you! Sit down!", yet he didn't, waiting for a proper response.

As you still felt his gaze piercing through you, you timidly looked at him and gave him a nervous smile.

"I don't mind getting married to you so soon. We are adults after all and I, for a fact, know that I want to spend my every day with you so...if you want to wait though, it is totally fine. It doesn't matter after all when we get married...", Jungkook fell on his chair, a sly smirk preparing itself to get shown.

"I guess it is time to tell mom the change of plans then..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dae's pov.

"Mrs. Kang! We found him!", my fingers stopped every movements, my head slowly directed to the door, where my manager stood.

"You found him?"

"Y-yes! But...Mrs. Dae please don't-"

"Please don't what? Kill him? Don't worry! I won't...at least not yet! Lead the way!", standing up from my office chair, I rushed to the exit, Mr. Jun right behind me.

"Mrs. Dae, please calm down! Refrain yourself from doing anything unecessary!", I stopped on my tracks, turning on my heels to see Mr. Jun already facing the ground. He knew that nothing should be coming against me, not even him.
Mr. Jun knew my entire past, my entire story. He knew me the best, and still he wasn't going to ever think I would let his words slide.

"Don't tell me what or what not to do! I have every right to move along my mind. This man...he killed my mother! It took me four years to to catch the kidnapper of my father and four years to catch the man he commanded to kill my mother! So if I face the killer today...I have the right to at least spit on his face, am I wrong?"

Since years I could not erase the image of a dead body in the house that was once filled with laughters coming out from the deepest euphoria. The dead body no other than the body of my mother and the house no other house than the house of a family, my family. My dead family.

My manager's head hung low. I was the greatest witness of his hard work. He supported me through the years of me longing to find the culprit and the reason my family died in such a miserbale way. My dead was never found yet I and Mr. Jun knew that he surely was no longer among us.

Because according to his large debts, it would be anything but possible to pay everything back. My father was with no doubts killed because of such a pathetic reason. Because of feeding us with the money of a dangerous man who wanted nothing but his money back.

Yet he was taken care of. By me. A problem less for me and...my little sister.

After Mr. Jun leaded me into our basement, that was strictly hidden under constructions, my heart skipped multiple abnormal beats. Once I was crying out loud to wanting to find the men who killed my family and now...I am slowly growing more and more exhausted. I wanted to end everything so badly.

I wanted my happiness back. I wanted her happiness to be back. I wanted me to be able to smile again, I wanted her to be able to smile again. I wanted her back...I wanted her to remember me. I wanted Y/n to remember me.

So many wishes, but would I be able to make them become reality.

The more we went further and further into the basement that Mr. Jun leaded me into, he finally came to a halt, making me automatically stop. His dark brown eyes were almost empty, as if someone was draining him the last energy he had managed to hold onto. Then I followed those empty, livleless eyes, instantly regretting the sight I happened to view with all my entire being.

A man, tied up on a chair. A man who was so familiar. A man I even happened to suspect to be part of the family murder. And today it was clarified that my assumptions were true and Mr. Jun's doubts about my thoughts clearly wrong.

Kaen's father...

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am truly sorry guys that I could not update at all for more than three days. I was very busy and tired. We are slowly coming to an end though and I hope you will stay tuned despite my messy posting schedule.
Please don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this part. I am actually pretty satisfied with this part since I could reveal more things now.
Have a nice day ahead! :)