Chapter 4 : Who Is He?

"You broke up with Jessica! I thought it was impossible with a stubborn son like you to break up with her and find the perfect girl! But now! Now I am filled with hope...that you can date and one day marry someone who is so far yet so close to you...!"

The left corner of Jungkook's lip twitched upwards, showing off his nervousness to his dear mother.

"How d-did you know?", he asked.

"What? That you broke up with this gold digger? Ts! Is that important right now? It's enough that you finally saw the real her or at least...broke up with her for your own good...", the mother uttered happily, switching her eyes on you.

"By the way...why are you guys here? Did you forget something?", she wondered.

You only shook your head, thinking about your pathetic condition while Jungkook got your back.

"No, mom. The thing is...eh...the landlord lady of Y/n's house caused some troubles which leaded us here again. Could she maybe...stay here with you and dad until tomorrow?", feeling ashamed of yourself, you looked down on the ground, hoping for the situation to fade soon.

Your boss's mother gasped dramatically, scaring you a little. What if she thinks that you're also a gold digger like Jungkook's ex girlfriend?

"Omo! How dares she to cause troubles? Of course she can! When she's your assistant, she's my friend!", Mrs. Jeon made joyful steps to your figure and linked arms with you.

"But I have a condition! You'll also stay here with us! It's been so long since your parents got to see your face so I want you to stay here for tonight!"

Jungkook sighed but briefly laughed when he saw that his mother had a cute expression set on her face.

"Okay! I will!", he accepted, giving you a sensation of relief.

Maybe it wouldn't be as awkward when he stayed too...

__________________________________________________________

Jungkook and you have chosen to have a small conversation with his family before you went to bed. His mother made the maid prepare the bed for you and made Jungkook to lead you the way there and put your things into the room.

It was a cozy room, painted in a light blue color which warmed your soul. It was as big as your usual flat, which turned you to become speechless when you saw the room for the first time.

After your boss had given you the clothes of his mother he wished you good night and left your room with a bright face. Having him as your boss was like a dream. Considerate and kind bosses are rare to find these days, you thought to yourself, lying on the white bed that smelled like fresh roses.

It reminded you of old times and although those memories were blurry, you could recognize the scent of roses and plants. It didn't confuse you despite you being clueless but it made you feel safe and protected.

You're not supposed to remember memories you experienced, you're supposed to treasure them. All of them. Bad to good. Good to bad. It was all fine as long as they were stuck with you for a lifetime.

When you lied down on your bed and faced the ceiling above you, you had thought about Jungkook's break up and Jessica whom you had seen with an other man. Was it because you were pure or was it because you were just too clueless? Why didn't you come to the idea of her cheating...

But then the face of Jungkook flashed you. His adorable smile and his best manners made you smile. Of course you couldn't have thought about her cheating on Jungkook. Jungkook is just too perfect to get cheated on yet Jessica was the blind one not to see and know what she had lost.