Chapter 19 : Flashback

"She's my first love! My heroine! And I would never ever! Never ever give up trying to find her until my last breath! Because she! She's the reason why I am standing in front of you, being able and to live, being able to search for her heart!"

"What if...she's dead?", Dae spoke up, breaking the emotional circle of the young man in front of her. His eyes shook from the thought of his loved one not existing anymore. He never jumped into such a conclusion before. Not even when he was hopeless in finding his first love.

The businesswoman coughed awkwardly as Mr. Jun slowly straightened his posture and kept watching the dramatic scene in the office.

"She's not dead!", he whispered with all his might.

"She isn't? Then why can't you find her? What makes you think she's still walking on this earth, breathing and living...?"

"You!"

"What?", even Mr. Jun's eyes widened by the surprise response of the younger one.

"You make me think that she still is out there. Breathing, living..."

"Why? Because I remind you of her?"

"No! Because...", he took one step closer to the shorter lady, "You're her!"

She probably thought he didn't saw her gulping, but he did. He was and always got aware of her sudden nervousness of mentioning Jade, his first love.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, as much as she tried to hide...she failed at the end. Miserably. Because Kaen noticed. He always noticed little habits of his first love. It can't be a coincidence that you were a copy and paste of her.

It wasn't possible to look, to act and to smile like her. In his eyes, she was  Jade.

"I...really don't understand what you're talking about! I thought I already told you-"

"You did. But I don't believe you! I have no clue why you're hiding behind your real identity, but I'll find out! Since I am also going to work for you from now on, it will be easier for me to reveal you. To expose you to myself! So you better not try and run away from me! I'll find you again anyway. Just how I found you after all those years again..."

*Flashback (10 years ago)*

"There she is, there she is! Hide!", Kaen and Jungkook were just like usual, walking home together from school. But also like usual, Kaen would tell his friend to hide behind bushes as soon as the girl he liked came out of the big school building.

"Can't you already give up on that nonsense? Just tell her that you like her dude, no need to-"

"SH!", shushing his friend who was dragged behind covers, Kaen peeked out from the leaves that were hiding him and Jungkook.

There was she. Jade. Walking home like always. She looked so beautiful under the sun. Her bright green eyes only become prettier under the ray of the sun, her lips plump and red, taking the mind of the boy who was adoring her from a far.

Jungkook seemed to notice his friends gaze when he looked at Jade and smiled wholeheartedly. He was happy Kaen finally happened to like someone. Lightly punching his shoulder,  Kaen slightly moved to the left from the pressure.

"Go and tell her that you like her! Bro, you're going to die from a cardiac arrest when you keep looking at her from a distance. She won't be yours when you don't confess. You know...you're not the only one who likes her..."

That made Kaen's stomach turn and heart ache. What if his first love also already liked someone? She may didn't have friends, yet that didn't mean that no one liked her.