Chapter 3 : A Reapeted Announcement

Jungkook's hand on the phone tightened, clenching his jaw as he heard the voice his now ex girlfriend.

"You want to break up? Okay! Let's break up. It wasn't going to work anyways. Do you even know how embarrassed I was when you had the audacity to not appear for the sixth time in front of my parents? I really thought I was a bad son when you did that. Anyways, since it's over, I have one last thing to say to you : You better tell the guy, you've cheated on me with, in advance that all he is going to be left with when being with you is nothing but disappointment!"

Jungkook removed the device from his phone, officially ending the call, sighing listlessly.

"Are you okay?", your sweet voice brought him back to reality, twisting his head to your direction.

"To be honest....I feel...bad but also...relieved. I don't know. I always had mixed feelings whenever I talked to her. She made me feel bad but also good at the same time", you nodded your head, understanding him.

"It's okay. Maybe she wasn't meant to be with you...", your boss started the engine once again, turning the car away from the side to get back to the road, continuing your way home.

"Yeah...but when she isn't, who is?", your pink lips puckered up, feeling bad for your boss who surely showed some of his heartbreak.

The way his lips were formed into a straight line and his eyes that looked empty and lifeless, were signs that he wasn't just disappointed in his ex girlfriend but also in himself. You hoped he would have some hope in love and believe in it until he found the right woman for himself. Although he was your boss, you didn't want to see him like this. It was surely a miserable sight that should pass as fast as possible.

Not only Jungkook sank in his thoughts full in mess, but also you started to sink into misery when you took a glance at your boss from time to time until you eventually reached home.

When you got off from the car, Jungkook turned down the window...

"Goodnight Y/n! Lock the door!", he smiled and waved at you. How could a boss be so sweet to his assistant? You smiled back at him, waving as well.

"Goodnight Jungkook!", turning on your heels, your back was now facing him. He was about to observe you until you unlocked the door but when he watched you struggling, he had to frown, deciding to get out from his car.

"Why isn't this door opening?", you complained under your breath, catching someone's ear...

"Why the door isn't opening? Why don't you ask the owner of this flat?", it was the landlord lady, who watched your moves while crossing her arms and leaning on the wall of your house.

You stopped pushing the key into the locker, and looked at the landlord lady with the innocent face of yours...

"W-Why?"

"BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T PAY THE RENT!?", you flinched at the loud voice, moving backwards, shoes rubbing on the ground, causing satisfying sounds.

"B-But...didn't I already pay it?", you scratched your arm, feeling ashamed.

"THAT WAS LAST MONTH!", and again you walked backwards, not liking the tone of the woman, who scolded you.

Just when you were about to apologize for the delay of the money, something else happened...

"Is there a problem?", a familiar voice sounded behind you, making the landlord lady and you turn around in an instant. It was your boss who all of a sudden looked so much taller when standing beside you.

The landlord lady seemed speechless when she laid her eyes on his stunning figure.

"Is there a problem Y/n? Who is that?", you forgot how to talk when Jungkook started to look at you being all nervous and embarrassed, "Y/n?"