Chapter 13 : An Other Puzzle

"Ma'am! Are you okay", before your eyes could completely close, your eyes were searching for the woman you encountered just now, however when not catching her in sight, you gave up and made your heavy eyes fall close and your head begin hurting even more

The man's eyes averted to a direction, where questions were buried. He stared at a spot where no one was standing at. Probably because the person he turned to, was hiding to not be found.

That person vanished in dust, not able to be seen or heard of anymore...

When you opened your eyes, you found yourself in an office. It was neither Jungkook's nor yours. You assumed it was the office of the boss you intended to visit.

Glancing through the room, you saw a nurse who was taking care of you.

"You're awake? That's a relief!"

And again...you heard heels coming in contact with the icy ground. It was difficult to turn your head sideways but that wasn't necessary anymore when the person was smart enough to stand next to you.

"Going to work while being ill is a bad decision, coming from a bad mindset! How are you now?"

It was a man this time. You could swear the person you just encounter was a...

"Argh!", it felt like a powerful bolt of lightning had shot through your brain as you led yourself to reflect on the person from before.

The nurse woman panicked as you moaned and held onto your head from the sudden pain.

"Why? What? What's wrong?", you didn't know the man who neared you, yet he acted like he cared a lot for you.

There was no logic in trying to figure out his intention because in your point of view, he was just trying to help you since you were the one fainting inside this company.

"Are you...the boss?", you said through the struggle of speaking.

The man scoffed.

"I wish! I would treat my clients better if I was!"

A slay smirk smeared on the flat lips of the korean man, making you anxious.

"But that person needs to sign the contact! I am already late to work!"

"That person you're referring to, the boss, had already signed the contract meanwhile you were treated inside the boss's office!", you attempted to sit up from your current laying position, not quite catching up with that what the man had told you.

"Excuse me? But I was meant to see the boss first! Tell the truth! This is a scam, right?", the man scoffed, not liking your theory of the bosses kind gesture.

"Me, as the manager of this boss, can guarantee you that the intention of my boss is not to scam people but to help people! So please don't get the wrong idea!", with an offended tone he spoke, causing you to instantly regret the terms your mouth left from its cage. You felt guilty.

"I am sorry, I am sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just...just-"

"Just making sure we would get caught in the act on time, am I right?"

"CORRECT!", you yelled, making your head pain a little.

The manager seemed to like your energy as he smiled wholeheartedly yet he knew that an other question mark awaited him.

"So...I won't get to see the boss?"

"No one gets to see the boss except me and the workers! And if someone sees the boss, then....this person will be killed", he whispered the last sentence as he slightly bend down next to the sofa you were laying on.