Chapter 12 : Painful Surprise

"When your name really isn't Jade, when you really can't remember me, then you'll forget that I was ever here and told you things that were meant for her! You'll make all the memories of today dissappear, just like you did...when I was eagerly searching for you when you were the one who faded in the air, I tried to produce to keep me alive without you!"

Her bright green eyes pierced into those that held still the misery, he couldn't forget even if he tried to. His breath vibrated after he exhaled to make sure he had a light heart ahead of him, yet he was still feeling the heavy weight although he tried to express his emotions.

She leaned forward again, nothing supporting her from behind as her movements leaded her closer to the puzzle she couldn't solve.

"Who...are you and who do you think I am? My name...is Ahn Dea! I am a businesswoman with no kind of international nor national connections! So! From where do you know me from and from where am I supposed to know you?"

Kaen's knuckles turned white, preventing to let his blood flow healthily through his body.

"You really don't know me?"

Dae snickered...

"I don't...sir!"

The heartbreak could be heard in the sound Kaen created with the little space between his lips. He sarcastically scoffed, turning his head to the door.

"Well...since you aren't the woman I am searching for then, I guess you have no right to know for what reason I am trying to find her! Sorry for the inconveniences, won't happen again!"

Kaen walked out the door, not sparing a single glance at the confused person in front of him. As soon as he left though, Dae had to lean herself on something. Her eyes fell slowly close as she sucked her breath and denied to breathe the proper way.

"How...is this possible?"
__________________________________________________________

You arrived in your cozy home, not directly unlocking the door but making your way to the landlord lady who was cleaning the streetside.

"Ahjumma!", she turned her head to your direction, stopping her actions completely, "here!"

You handed her the money for next month in case you would forget one more time...

"Good that I see you! I was looking for you but I guess you really weren't home and didn't try to avoid me. I don't need that money! Actually...", she pulled something out of her thin jacket, making you curious, "I was carrying it with me in case I saw you passing by..."

You frowned. It's money. The old lady took your hand, opened your palm with her fingers and laid the money on the palm of your hand.

"It's the money you paid me last time! I don't need it anymore?"

"Why? Did you hit the lottery?"

Ahjumma chuckled in disbelief.

"Yah! If I hit the lottery you wouldn't be able to see me anymore! I don't need your money anymore because...you actually paid me, I just forgot!"

Your head moved to the side, not catching up.

"How? I can remember that I didn't pay though...!"

"Ah, now you remember? You brat! Aish, anyways! Take the money and don't pay me anymore!", she strictly forbid.

"What? But why? Did I do something bad?"

"You're really not the brightest candle on the muffin, are you? Shouldn't the question be like "did I do something great or...did something great happen?" ", the old lady turned you into a noisy robot that tried not to get stuck in a labyrinth. You were madly bewildered.