Chapter 15 : Lip Balm

"You might have gone through a traumatic experience in your past..."

Getting struck in your heart, your face didn't seem to follow the pieces that just fell in the dirtiest and darkest soil, trust less behavior streaking forward.

"Traumatic past? Are we talking about a trauma?"

"Yes Mrs. Choi! You may have encountered traumatic events when you were younger. Most of the time it causes puzzle - like memories and sometimes even memory loss. It could be that whenever you adjoin a wedge of your past, that your head aches as it is forcing itself to remember the lost pieces of your memories...", Jungkook was attentively listening to the words that had just created thick and inadmissible air in the room, the term "concern" written all over his forehead.

When you both exchanged gazes, the both of you knew that it would take time to digest all of the new informations you happened to be oblivious about.

His hand reached to yours, reassuring you with his warm tender skin against yours. A light yet promising smile appearing on those perfect shaped lips of his.

At the end he mouthed something to you, rising the shining spark of sliver in his eyes even clearer to the next level. It was uplifting, soothing but in the pit of your stomach developed an uncertain feeling. A queer emotion, you never sensed before.

"It's going to be alright princess", he said, "It's going to be alright!"

____________________________________________________________

What exactly is going to be alright though? You were more than alright excluding the fact that you were literally thinking you were going to die from a scull explosion whenever the headache settled to become the horror factor of your life.

Soon, you've been on your way back home. Jungkook was determined to set his eyes on you as long as he was able to in case something may trigger your inner animal again. He was certain that he wasn't going to let the symptoms of your apparent traumatic past hunt you. But then...

How can he think that he has control on that? He didn't!

And as much as you wanted to make this fact clear and rational to him, you wouldn't guess that your boyfriend's apprehension for you could have such a big impact on you and your sentiments.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you tonight? I'll sleep on the couch if you're concerned about that", Mr. Gentleman had parked the car in front of your small yet comforting house, holding your eyes with his, his smile not leaving his face.

"That's not necessary", you said, "It's not like I'll die"

Or...would you?

The raven haired snickered mockingly, ruffling your head, making you feel his fingertips on your scalp. Those long fingers who were inked with a meaningful cerulean caught your observation in every way possible.

"But I will. Out of worry. I won't be able to sleep and will look upon the ceiling above me", did he try to find an excuse to be with you?

Because that's how he precisely sounded like!

As if called before, charcoal smeared a beautiful smile on your delicate lips. It was hardened with a bitter aroma that took a second look to detect. Otherwise, your own thoughts and honest opinion of your condition would have followed the ashes crashing out of your slowly fading grin. Like a hangover under the glare of the moonlight.

"Follow me, you punk!", the squeezed out salty tone in your heavenly voice was by no means meant to be ignored, but Jungkook did. He took into account your hidden excitement and brought it to the fore as if nothing but your tiny nervousness and your sweet undertone were the only things that existed. He followed behind, zero hesitations, no second wasted.