Kiana (Honkai Impact 3rd)

................................................................................
................................................................................
Game:  "Honkai Impact 3rd"
🎀 Kiana X Male!Reader: MY CHOICE WAS A VIRTUE
🛑 WARNING: If you don't like stories that triggers your sadness, then I suggest you either read with caution, or don't read it at all. Didn't say I didn't warn you.
🎀 And this story is super super long so... yea... Enjoy!

This POV takes place when when Mei becomes the Herrscher of Thunder (HoT) and has made her decision.
As Kiana completely overhears Mei and Kevin's conversation about joining the Serpents, she disagrees with this as she settles a fight with Mei.
A few moments later, the tide has calmed.
You immediately go to the site.
Although you never knew what kind of truth had waited there.
................................................................................
................................................................................

It was a very cloudy day.
The Hyperion ship is just sitting around getting maintenance, as per usual.
But that wasn't the main problem.
You were worried about your two best friends, Mei and Kiana.
They haven't came back for a while.
But you were mostly worried about Kiana...

[Start Of Flashback]
Einstein:  "The Honkai energy she had absorbed, the Gem of Conquest, the honkai bomb from Arc City, and the Gem of Serenity... It's started an honkai overload sequence."

Y/n:  "Dr. Einstein, do you mean...?"

Tesla:  "It means that the amount of Honkai energy she has been holding for all this time... It's killing Kiana."

Y/n:  "Wait... a minute... Dr. Tesla, What do you mean it's...!"
Contorted to frowning in shock, this was the first time you've ever heard of the news.

Tesla:  "(Y/n), we're trying the best we can to withstand it. But there are times where it's impossible to try stopping the impossible."

Einstein:  "We've tried injections, medications, experiments. It just doesn't work. Although we were able to hold back some of the energy for a temporary of time. But it just comes back to haunt Kiana with severe side effects."

Y/n:  "No... way... Is there no other options...?!"

Einstein:  "We're very sorry that we couldn't be much help..."

Tesla:  "We are all trying our best to help her."

"..."

You leave the meeting room.
You stumble all the way to your room a few doors away from the meeting room.
Upon walking inside, you close and lock the door.
Walking to your bed, you fell onto it like a empty corpse.
After holding the pillow tight to your face, you started to cry heavily.
Because you just found out a few days ago from the scientists...
That your friend, Kiana, had a few months to live.

...
...
...
[End of Flashback]

Distracted by the scene, someone politely came in to check on you:
???:  "(Y/n)."

Y/n:  "Hey Tesla."

Tesla:  "You have been looking out the window for a while now."

Y/n:  "Yeah..."

Tesla:  "Miss them?"

Y/n:  "...Of course I do."

Tesla:  "Do you want to talk about it?"

Y/n:  "I... don't think it's the right time for me at the moment."

Tesla:  "Okay... I'll be here, okay?"