Helping A Friend Out (2/6) - Kevin

================================
🎀 Title: Helping A Friend Out Part (2/6)
🎀 Game: Honkai Impact 3rd
⚠️ NOTE: If you don't like angst/sadness, and get anxiety very quickly from it, I suggest you should NOT read it at all.
⚠️ Didn't say I didn't warn you.

This part has been rewritten, fixed some errors and added a few additional changes.
[REWRITTEN DATE: 6/12/2023]
================================

When you girls were inseparable at the time...
Mei was dreaming about everyone was doing a mission together.
Mei felt like the dream felt so real, like the team was back together again.

Mei: 'Kiana-chan...'
Mei: '(Y/n)-chan...'
Mei: 'Bronya-chan...
Mei: 'I'm so happy that we are always together.'

But sadly...
As much as she wanted this to continue, good dreams don't last long.
Mei slowly opened her eyes and looked up to the ceiling.
She then noticed that this is the med room that you were in back when you were injured. Noticed it was morning time, she sat up, rubbed her eyes and called your name.

Mei: "(Y/n)-chan?"

Mei turned to see that you were not there.
She had an intuition that you would leave before anyone noticed.
Mei was saddened by this, not until she turned around to a desk to see that there was a note that said "For: Raiden Mei" on it.

Mei: "Hm?"
Mei: "A letter for me?
Mei: 'Did (Y/n)-chan write this letter before she left?'

Mei starts opening the letter and read what it said...

"Hey Mei."
"I apologize for not giving you a proper goodbye."
"I'm also at fault for not telling you when I was going to leave."
"I'm guessing that you already knew that I'm the type of person to leave without telling no one, didn't you?"
"Don't worry, I'll be safe."
"I want to explore around by myself for a while and figure out how I should go out from here."
"This is my personal wish I always wanted, after all."
"I even promised you, I will find Kiana."
"I don't know if I have the power to bring her back.9
"But if there is something she wants to save, I'll be there with her to support her in anyway I can."
"It might be awkward to say this to a friend, but, I love you very much, Mei."
"Take care of everyone and yourself and be safe out there while I'm gone. I'll be seeing you sometime."

"Love, (Y/n)"

...
...
...

Mei snickered at the letter.
It sounded like even Mei didn't know how to describe it.
It was like...
How to describe it...

Mei: "This sounds like what a loving mother would write to her child."

She wasn't wrong though.

You definitely acted like a lovely mother in the friend group.
Mei felt like she had another twin, another part of her that was there but with some differences between the both of you.

Just like her, you excelled in school, sports, cooking, cleaning, combat and many more.
There would be times where you and Mei would schedule to cook on different days because you didn't want her to strain herself too much.

Mei really admired you, especially how you fight.
When it came to practicing on data bots or high level bosses, she would always take a peek at you.
Flowing around the battlefield ever so flawlessly.
So splendid and graceful while your swing your weapon around like you were the dancing swan, performing magnificently.

Practically flexed on Kiana, who you knew was an airhead when it came to school, but mostly had her Kaslana bloodline, hand-to-hand, gun-kata, and sometimes her pitiful brain to save her from becoming a low rank Valkyrie completely.