Keqing (Genshin Impact)

🎀 Half!Adeptus/Half!Human/DoubleVision!Female! Reader X Keqing
🎀 Title: "I Sure Love To Be Serious With Business, Don't I?"
⚠️ Warnings: [Yes/No]
🎀 Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take that long for the people in Liyue to know about the new Qixing in town.

Qixing.
They are the business guardians who watch over and govern Liyue, specializing in commerce and trading.
You see, the Qixing exist to implement laws and policies from Rex Lapis, also known as Morax, and manage day-to-day government ruling over Liyue.

These people like Ganyu, Ningguang, and Keqing, for example, are all Qixing, working together to lay out laws passed by Morax, and govern the nation as one with the people.
And double vision Y/n were one of them.
Just like Ganyu, she conspired along with Ganyu to make the Qixing known from roughly thousands of years already.
But Y/n made sure to keep yourself hidden behind the scenes because you don't like moving around.

So she would always stay in the Jade Chamber, pile up your work, and keep herself hidden in the blocks while you had Ningguang's, and Ganyu's company.
There were those who did know about a specific Adeptus on site.
They knew Y/n so well that they became one of your closest acquaintances.
She was known as the workaholic Secretary 2.0 besides Ganyu.

Y/n loved having a double life relationship hidden from the public.
Workaholic and private life successfully separate from each other.
She couldn't wish for more.
But that didn't last long when a certain someone forcibly requested for a certain Qixing to go and take a break.

She may be cold, blunt, shivering to the bone.
Her looks were petrifying, as if you became immediately frozen when looking at her.
Unless it was an order from Ningguang, Y/n was the type of person who took no breaks.
And that's what Ningguang primarily worried about Y/n the most.

One time, when she already dismissed everyone from the Jade Chamber, Y/n and Ganyu were the only people that stayed behind and worked overtime behind the backgrounds, without even realizing they were dismissed.
The next morning, Keqing and Ningguang saw them sleep on their desk, with visible dark circles on their eyes.

Ningguang knows that Y/n won't stop until it's too late, and Ningguang wasn't going to let Y/n burn herself like that.
So, Ningguang had an idea... an interesting plan that would change Y/n in her tracks.
But for her the make this plan to work, she also involved another Qixing to the plan.

[Currently in the Jade Pavillion]

As always, Y/n was on her desk, scanning over papers after papers about the government plans of Liyue.
Ningguang, who is across from her, is filling out paperwork and has another thought bubble in her mind.
Ningguang:  "Hm, how can I get Y/n to stop working for a brief moment? I know she's the type to not stop at nothing..."

Y/n:  "Ningguang."
Ningguang:  "Ah, yes. You are just the person I was looking for."
Y/n:  "What is it you need? Here are also the financial papers from today's cycle."
Ningguang:  "You can just set them over there. Hm, I really want some coffee."

Not even seconds later...
Y/n:  "Here's your coffee, Madame Ningguang."
Ningguang:  "O-oh, thank you."
Y/n:  "Anytime. I'm going back to work now."
Ningguang:  "Y-yes..."
Ningguang:  'Dang it... I was so embarrassed and astonished at the same time that I wasn't able to react in time...! Just how in the world did she make this so quickly?!'

Coincidentally, Keqing was watching the scene in a daze.
Ningguang turns to look at Keqing.
She nods her head in disagreement, signaling that she failed.
Keqing acknowledges her signal, immediately gets up and starts walking to the site after Ningguang fails her part of the plan.
Now it was Keqing's turn to turn the tides.