Helping A Friend Out (4/6) - Rita

===============================
Title: Helping A Friend Out: Finding Out The Truth - Rita & Reader Part (4/6)
🎀 Game: Honkai Impact 3rd
⚠️ NOTE: If you don't like angst/sadness, and get anxiety very quickly from it, I suggest you should NOT read it at all.
⚠️ Didn't say I didn't warn you.

This part has been rewritten, fixed some errors and added a few additional changes.
[REWRITTEN DATE: 6/13/2023]
===============================

As fast as you can, you sprinted to the train station that was left in rubbles.
You were looking for the entrance to the laboratory and you can see closely in front of you, there was a hall with train tracks that you can access through.

You sighed...
Y/n: "This place is in rubbles, how can I possibly find the entrance to the place?"

Examining all around the perimeter, you kept running down the tracks.
You took out your phone to track the lab.
As you know, you found the secret opening to the lab.
However, there was a gate of enormous rocks blocking the entrance.

Y/n: "Now, how am I supposed to get through?"
Y/n: 'Blast my way in?'
Y/n: 'Use something to impale it open?'
Y/n: 'I wish I asked Kiana to teach me how to kick Kaslana style so I can bust this shit open with no problem.'
Y/n: 'Why do I regret not learning things sooner?'

You were so focused on your worries that you didn't know that there was a enemy behind you.
A honkai beast, to be exact.
He made his attack first, leaping towards you with its front leg up to knock you back, but it missed you by 5 inches.
It was getting ready to screech not until you then turned around and gave it a goodbye kiss before leaping behind it and killing it off.
What made it even better was that you were able to line the beast and the rubbles together to bust your way for you to proceed to the door that said, "Laboratory".

Y/n: "Hmm?"
Y/n: "What's this place?"

Your hand went to the doorknob to check if it was unlocked.
Lucky for you, it was unlocked.
What surprised you when you went inside, everything in the lab is, good as new, every inch, every spark, and every piece of it...
Was just breathtaking.

Y/n: 'Wow, it's really is beautiful here.'
Y/n: 'More like a recommended formal party area in my opinion.'
You thought silently.

Taking notes as you were examining the laboratory from every direction you see.
As you were about to leave, you then spotted a person that had already passed the room that you were in.

Y/n: 'Why not give him a sneak attack and see where I'm at...'
You thought to yourself, giving the person a blank look.

Since his back was already turned, you used this opportunity to use everything in your power to sprint and slam your weapon to the back of his head to knock him out cold.

Y/n: "Sorry dear, mind if you sleep for a few moments?"

Slowly walking to the guard, you turned him around and noticed the words on his life vest.

"HPL: Heliopolis Lab"
Well, at least you know now where you're at.

While you were standing up, you noticed there's double doors in front of you.
You were wondering where this leads to, so you went inside to see a lobby.
Walking around the room, you spotted stairs that lead down to an empty space with an elevator like door.

Y/n: "What is this?
Y/n: "Do they have an underground hideout or something?"
You say, pressing a random button.

You were in luck that button actually opened the door, inviting yourself into the sleeping darkness.