The sundered, ashened Earth 2/7 (SFW) Apocalypse-AU

Start from the beginning

He turned to Eddy and motioned him over to show him the food. Eddy being summoned of course came over to see what Brett was smiling about, he walked up behind the other and leaned over to see exactly what the man was looking at. It was better for them to be closer like this so they could speak in hushed whispers.

"See all this glorious food and water? Man it's almost worth smoking those bitches out."

Brett took immediately the opportunity to whisper to Eddy. It was indeed a good find. He grabbed one of the canned peaches, his eyes lighting up.

"Haven't had these in four years or so. Perfect food for breakfast I would say."

He held up the can. It was dusty but good looking without blemishes or deformation of the can.

"And I would agree, maybe I can find a can opener so we can eat some possibly outdated peaches, " Eddy chuckled warmly, it was a pretty good find although they probably wouldn't be carrying cans since that was more weight. But they could enjoy it now while they could and peaches would be nice compared to all the meat they had been eating.

"If they have cans, they probably have an opener. Maybe look in the drawers? And what do you want? We have peaches, pears, cherries and I think apples. A big variation if I say so myself. Sadly we can't haul them, but we can eat them now."

He would definitely eat peaches. He loved peaches. So he took the can to the table and put it down. Then he went through the pantry, looking for stuff that was easy to carry and full of nutrients. And they could choose from a lot it seemed.

They even had pickles, cucumber, mushrooms - which was eternally funny for Brett because Eddy hated those - pumpkin, asparagus and many other things.

He took out some bottled water and put that on the table as well. It looked good and after a good boil it was probably good to drink.

"I will have some of the pears, please and thank you," Eddy wandered to the counters that had drawers in them. He started to pull them all open in search of his prize. Finally he found a can opener! Now he could break open those glorious cans of fruit. While he was over there, he also grabbed forks for them so they'd have an easier time eating the contents of the tin.

Because he was a good best friend, Brett pulled out two cans of pears and placed them onto the table for Eddy to eat. It was better they filled their belly now. From the look of the pantry a lot of other stuff was in there as well. Dried noodles, rice, and some other stuff called 'couscous'. Whatever that was. But they could have the rice and noodles, if they wanted. He brought that out as well. He checked over it. If they cleaned the area, they could live here comfortably for at least two to three weeks until the stuff ran out. Maybe they really should invest into cleaning that thing out. Or maybe not. Eddy wanted to get on the east coast, so they would go there.

While Brett was busy checking out that sweet, sweet pantry, Eddy finished cleaning the supplies. It was dusty and dirty, but now they were shiny and clean.

Brett looked around.

"Before we eat, maybe we should check the rest of the rooms? Just to be sure? I don't want to be surprised while I'm eating, you know."

"I would say that is the wise thing to do. There seemed to be a lot of non-humans around last night, so we should definitely make sure they're all gone or dead," Eddy more or less didn't want to get the stuff dirty again or infected because they decided to slaughter things while eating. So slaughtering beforehand was better.

Brett nodded and pulled the machete out of the sheath. Time for some killing.

They both were side by side as they checked each room, top to bottom. They found nothing. Only one non-human in the basement, chained to the wall. Oh well, that was probably one of the first turned, because that was definitely not human anymore. It seemed to have died from starvation or dehydration. It had a whitish skin color, had no hair and was only skin and bone. They chopped off the head regardless. Brett also pushed the crippled thing from the second floor to the ground to 'clean' the hallway up. It made a disgusting crunching noise.