chapter thirteen: engaged

Start from the beginning

"and what's that supposed to mean?! you aren't reporting it?" he asked and i shook my head "are you insane?" he asked and i just shrugged "that gets media attention michael. a rape case gets media attention. no matter who you are, celebrity or not. i don't want my life to be talked about like that." i shook my head at him
"but-"

"michael." i cut him off, he looked into my eyes, our eyes connected and i felt that familiar burning sensation in my lower stomach. i shook my head at him. "nothing needs to be done about it. i'm fine. i'll never see them again. i just want to forget it happened now- i want to focus on me." i say softly. he nodded and pulled me into a hug and laid back down with me half on top of him "okay.. i understand. i may not agree, but i understand." he whispered.

we spent the next half our cuddling and giggling. this is what we really needed, we barely have time like this to ourselves, with each other. it helps build up a relationship when you can have nights like this.

michael's pov
my heart started pounding randomly when i started to think about proposing to her again. would she say yes this time of have i just embarrassed myself tonight?
i know i have to ask her tonight. i've been holding it off for the past half hour. i'm just so nervous.. so scared of her reply.

"hey," i shook her slightly, "are you awake?" i whispered to her. she looked up and smiled "yeah i am."
"ok... follow me." i said and she got up from being laid half on me and half on the bed. i waddled on my knees to the end of the bed and stood up on the balcony so i could grab her hand and help her off.
"close you eyes, and whatever you do.. do not look until i tell you to. just wait here." i tell her real quick as she giggled and agreed to comply. i jogged off into my condo and went to the bedside table grabbing the back and red velvet box.
i then flicked on the lights that were around the corner on my balcony out of view from the bed i set up on the balcony. she has no idea what is around the corner on the balcony.

i walked out and grabbed her hand making her jump, i chuckled and apologised. she squeezed my hand and giggled.
"michael want are you doing?" she asked me. i know that she knows what i'm doing. she's playing along to satisfy me which gives me hope she is going to say yes.

"just wait.." i chuckled as i walked her carefully around the corner and stood her in the place i wanted her. i silently breathed out with nerves.

i made sure her back was to the 'marry me' sign

i made sure her back was to the 'marry me' sign. "ok.." i breathed out "open your eyes baby." i told her. she removed her hand and opened her eyes and smiled at me. "stay.. don't look" i told her squinting my eyes at her making her giggle "woof woof" she joked. my eyes widened then i laughed at her.
i bent around her and crouched down to grab a piece of card from the floor.
"read this." i told her smiling softly.

" i told her smiling softly