༻𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭༺

Start from the beginning

The desire to stay there dominated him. He surrounded her by the waist and buried his face in the tangle on her strands. Jieun whined softly, which made him smile. She was dead and probably didn't want to wake up anytime soon.

He moved away, pressing his mouth against her ear. "We should do another round before I go to work," his voice came out low, hoarse, and still sleepy.

Jieun muttered something in response, more asleep than awake. He just chuckled, letting his lips, along with his warmth, run over the soft skin of her neck. Before measuring his own act, Jungkook pressed his mouth against the hickey he made last night in a lingering kiss, enjoying every sensation of his wife's body.

"For God's sake, Jungkook..." Jieun sighed. "I don't have the strength anymore... let me sleep."

Jungkook smiled against her shoulder. He didn't have it either and felt all the tiredness of that whole night over him. However, he felt relaxed too, relaxed as never before. Sex wasn't the reason for it; she was. Jieun. He had never imagined that the idea of having her by his side, of being able to use her brain, of having her as an accomplice, and share secrets would encourage him so much.

He kissed her neck again and got up to the bathroom to follow his daily routine. After showering, he returned in his uniform, finding her in the same position, spread out on the bed with the sheet barely covering her body and he felt pleased to know that he was responsible for the state she was in.

Heavens, he just wanted to take a picture of her with his eyes.

Minutes later, during breakfast, Jieun's lack of presence started to bother when Jungkook was halfway through the newspaper, yet he tried to distract himself with the article about activities to be practiced outdoors now during summer. There was nothing very interesting about it until his wife appeared, rubbing an eye, wrapped around a short peach robe and hair barely held in a bun.

Seeing her seemed to light something up on him, and he just stared, while she dragged herself barefoot, sat in the chair, and filled her cup with black tea.

"Can I have the first pages, please?" Jieun raised her hand, sleepiness in her voice.

Jungkook held out the few papers to her. "With each passing day, you present yourself in a worse state for breakfast," he commented, receiving the sight of her rolling her eyes.

"Could I not be judged by your rules of etiquette today?" she answered, stuffing her mouth with a piece of bread. "I'm starving."

"These are not my rules," Jungkook said and folded the newspaper, putting it aside. "The truth is, I don't care... But I was raised around all this nonsensical environment, so don't expect me to applaud you when you show up only in a robe." Jieun was about to roll her eyes again when he added. "Even though it's extremely sexy..."

She narrowed her gaze at him behind the cup. "You're a pervert."

Jungkook showed his hands. "Women love me."

"Mm... and does your ego know any kind of boundaries?"

He chuckled, taking his tea for a last sip, then got up. "Are you going to stay late at the Office Palace?"

"No, just the usual schedule. Why?"

"It's Commander Jung house party tonight to celebrate his twenty years of service."

Jieun held her cup between two hands, bringing her legs up to the seat of the chair. Was she even aware that she looked notably attractive for assuming that rebellious and comfortable posture?

"Why do I have to go?"

"Because as far as I know, I don't have another wife," he gave his cue and left the dining room.