3-Sixteen

"Listen to Sixteen by Ellie Goulding."

__________

Jin's POV

We were sitting at our regular table at the corner of the restaurant. Jess was stuffing her face with food like she didn't eat for the past few days. I missed that. I missed the sight of someone eating so deliciously like that. I used to make her food and she used to love it and eat it all up without a single complaint.

I tried to do the same for my ex-wife but she always gave excuses like the food is greasy, not good for her skin, she would end up puffy in the morning, and so on. I don't blame her, she's a top model and her body is what she's living for.

I just missed that.

"Slow down, Jess, nobody is stealing your food." I said and she smiled at me wiping her lips with the back of her hand which made more mess to her face and now food remnants were all over her face. "Can't you eat a little more cleanly?"

"Don't start 'cause I'm the one to interrogate now." She said, swallowing the big bite she had bitten. "Seriously, Jin? What the hell are you doing to yourself? You were going to work on the day you got a divorce? If I didn't storm in, you would be probably still at your office working."

"What am I supposed to do? Cry?" I shrugged.

"Maybe? You loved her!"

"She cheated on me!" I paused. My mind was bringing back all the events from the last month since I found out what she was doing. "Let me take that back. She was cheating on me for a whole year! It wasn't a mistake. It wasn't a one-night stand. It wasn't a drunk thing incident. She had a boyfriend while she was married. And when I confronted her she didn't deny. She didn't regret it. She didn't try to hold me back. She didn't even apologize till the very last minute. She blamed me! Can you imagine that? She blamed me for her cheating on me. She said that I changed and I became a work addict that loves my company more than her! I was a work addict from the very first day and she knew that. But how dares she say that I didn't love her anymore? I was blinded by her love that I almost lost my company because of her."

I gasped once I was done as I ran out of breath after I spilled out all my heart. I didn't know I was in a bad state until Jess's hands made their way to my face, wiping my tears.

The hell I was even crying!

Jess stood up, leaving her chair. She moved across the table to where I was sitting and landed in my seat, in the tiny space beside me. She wrapped her arms around me and rested my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Jin, for not being here with you. I should've been here. I should've brought my stupid ass here once you called me one month ago." She said as she patted my head. She was crying with me.

How come someone's tears and sniffles can calm you down like that? It wasn't the act of crying. It was that I have someone to cry with. My best friend is back. My other half, my secret keeper, and my forever comfort zone. She's back.

I wrapped my arms around her torso, letting all the bottled-up feelings finally seep out. She stayed in that position, caressing and patting me till I calmed down. I had a lot to tell her. I had more tears to shed with her. I needed her comfort but I decided to spare this for another time. We finally reunited after two years and I didn't want the whole night to be about crying.

"What drama did I miss here other than Jin getting a divorce?" Said the owner who broke into our moment to place a few more dishes on our already full table.