20-Scared To Be Lonely

"Listen to Scared To Be Lonely by Dua Lipa."

Rowon's POV :

"I think I have to leave."

I couldn't get my shit together since the text I got from Jin. He asked me to send him the location of the bar I always I go to. That was weird because Jin is not the guy to go to bars, I'm the guy to go to bars. Plus, Jessy would never allow him to go to a bar 2 am in the morning, alone! She was like a nagging wife or a parent. I don't know !

What made me more suspicious was that it was Jin's birthday and he told me that he was going on a one day road trip with Jess. They were supposed to be hitting the road not at some bar. I sent him the location right after his text then I tried to call him but he didn't pick up. Neither did Jess. Where the hell are they?

The girl next to me was fully concentrating on the movie and she didn't notice me starting to panic and checking my phone in case any one of them texted me back. I knew I was going to regret that but I had to leave. "I think I have to leave."

"What? Why? You said you are staying over this time."

"I know but believe me, this is an emergency. Something fishy is going on."

"You are the only fishy thing, Rowon" She said angrily pushing me away.

"I promise you I will make up for this."

"Are you playing me, Rowon?" She asked. "I should've stayed away from you as everyone told me!"

"I swear to god that I'm not playing anything. But I really have to go." I sighed. She was not going to believe me until I state real reasons. I pulled her hand into mine. "Look, Jess and Jin are missing. They are supposed to be on the road and now both of them are missing!"

"Maybe they are busy with something. For example, making out in the backseat." She pulled her hand, crossed her arms and rested her back to the couch.

"Again, they are nothing more than friends. And I'm leaving." I stood up, walked to the door and left her.

I left the girl's house, hopped in my car and started the engine not knowing where I should go first. I tried calling Jess but again I was diverted to the voicemail. I sent her a message to call me as soon as possible since I was thinking something wrong happened with Jin. I kept thinking of what the girl said earlier. Is that possible? No ! I know both of them for years. They were always more like siblings than anything else.

I remember when Jessy was still a junior and I saw her for the first time in the campus, I thought that she was Jin's sister. But then he said they were only very close friends since middle school. I tried to hit on her but Jin said that I can't have her. I didn't know why he would say something like that until I got to know her. She wasn't someone I could tame. So I gave up on my crush and decided to have her as a friend instead of a girlfriend.

I snapped out from my thoughts in the parking lot of the bar. I thought of looking for Jin there since he asked me about the location. And as I expected, I walked in to find him at one of the stools drinking, alone. "What did I miss?"  I said placing my hand to his shoulder, taking a seat next to him.

"A mess !" He said smiling sarcastically.

I ordered a drink and adjusted myself in my seat. "Why are you here? On your birthday instead of having the road trip with Jess ?"

"Don't ask."

"Man! Come on. I ruined my date for this." I whined.

"You don't date, Rowon. You play around." He stated a fact.