16-Summer Dream

"Listen to Summer dream by Jung Yonghwa of CNBLUE."

Jessica's POV:

This is messed up. Beyond messed up.

Was he sane when he asked me to marry .. him? Probably, NO!

Was I drunk when I accepted? Obviously, NO !

Is he a kid to write a marriage contract on a tissue paper? Hell, Yes!

Will we regret this stupidity? Yes, No ,MAYBE !

Luckily, we never get awkward around each other and since that was just a suggestion to be discussed when he gets thirty -which was still few months away- I didn't have to worry. Who knows what would happen in those months ?

And, why I said yes? It's just .. I don't know why I said yes. I just said yes. Thinking about what he said, he got a point. We were having a very comfortable life. We were just like a wife and a husband but maybe in their fifties, who already lost affection towards each other but still sticking to their duties of being a wife and a husband.

He got a point, that love is not essential to start marriage. People get married through arranged marriage meetings, for example like mom and dad. Which brings me to the next question. Do mom and dad love each other? I guess I have to ask them.

He got a point, that I can't run away from him. He would find me easily. I'm just not sure if he would be able to manage me getting panicked and run away once someone spells C then O in the beginning of the word commitment.

The only sure thing was, that I'm dead if my brother finds out anything about this stupid contract. It's not like he hates Jin. They are friends, not so close but still friends. He just doesn't like our relation for some reasons no one knows. He doesn't like that I'm staying with him in South Korea. He never liked me staying in South Korea. 

Back then after high school when I told him that I was staying to study designing, he almost dragged me to the airport. We were supposed to study Business together in Australia but I betrayed him –as he said- and changed courses then changed countries. He was angry when he left to Australia alone to the extent of not talking to me for three months, until grandpa passed away and I was a wreck of a person so, he came back to Korea to be with me.

Again, the office was chaotic. I Love chaos. We were getting closer to our anniversary and closer to our special collection release. Soon, we'd be expanding the office itself and I guess at some point we would need our own whole building as our family was getting bigger and bigger by days. Maybe later, we would be having office or offices abroad. Maybe.

***

I woke up early as usual. Jin was still sleeping as usual. It became a routine that I wake up, shower, make breakfast and yell at him till he wakes up. Was that the life he was talking about?

I was busy preparing our morning coffee when the door bell rang. I jumped in my place. Who would be at my door seven in the morning? I was moving to get that when Jin came out of his room as if he was kicked out. "What? Who?" He asked with only one eye open and the other was still fighting the sun light coming through the window.

"Yeah, good morning you too. I'll check the door."

"No, wait. I'll get that." He said walking towards the door still stumbling over nothing. 

He looked cute.

I continued with my coffee machine. I heard the door open then close after seconds and heard Jin's steps making their way to the kitchen. "Mmm, Jess. I guess this is getting serious ! " He said in a concerned tone.