4-Hello Stranger

"Listen to Hello Stranger by Stray Kids."

__________

FLASHBACK:

First day of middle school.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to carry on without my two best friends. We moved to a new house away from my old school so, here I am, the new student. 

People might think I was lucky because I had my brother with me but no. He's just my opposite. He's lovely, kind, a top student, and good-looking. Girls were going to go crazy over him as always. And I would be leaving them questioning how the short average boyish girl had anything related to the new prince. Although we both were short, although our faces looked exactly the same, he looked fancy while I looked plain. How could he glow up that early when I was still in my pumpkin phase?  

We both were taekwondo medalists, but his matches were always packed up, while mine had him and a few of my friends. I never knew where justice was in my life.

From the very first day at the new school, I knew it. Girls would hate me, but once they find out I'm his sister, they would try to be friends with me to get to my brother. That's what always happens. He will end up with a group of girls surrounding him and I will end up with a group of boys to kick their asses in the school's gym classes.

The classes went peacefully till it was time for lunch and I had to go to the school's cafeteria, alone, cause my brother had already an entourage on his freaking first day. I grabbed my food quietly, went to the empty table in the corner, and sat down to start eating.

"This is my table." A male's voice said in a broken English accent.

"So?"

"Nothing. It's just no one likes to sit here. With me." He sat down saying that.

I lifted my head to look at him and noticed that people were watching. Are they watching him? They are indeed! Just look at him. Handsome. Very Handsome with fair skin, dark hair and eyes, and pink plump lips. No one could have a say in his face. Although he was sitting, he seemed to be tall and he was having wide shoulders.

Handsome face. Good physique! That's a whole package.

The boy's head was hanging low. His eyes were glued to his food not sparing a glance at me who was opposing him. I heard some students whispering and murmuring loud enough to hear them mocking the poor boy and making fun of him. What? Is he being bullied? That handsome? Why?

"You should've not sat here." He said lowly in Korean while fiddling with his food.

Korean? Oh! Now thanks Mom for forcing me to learn Korean. 

Being a half Korean half Australian was never easy. Mom insisted on teaching me and my brother Korean even though we never visited Korea. First time to think that I learned for something.

"Are you an exchange student?" I asked in Korean.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered looking all confused, lifting his head up to finally let me have a better look at his handsome face. "Are you Korean? You don't look like a very Korean." He asked.

"Only half."

"Junior?" He asked.

"Yeah, just joined this school today." I smiled at him, happy that I was starting to build connections. "You?"

"Senior." He replied shortly as he looked down again at his food.

"Name?"

"Jin. Kim SeokJin." He said standing up. He grabbed his tray of food that was nearly untouched.