27-Ex

"Listen to EX by Stray Kids."

Jin's POV :

"Is it Yoona?" She asked.

 I looked at her face that had tears streaming down but her expression was strict. Her voice was shaky as if she was trying to contain her scream.

I lied to her, a lot. I wasn't planning to. I lied first because I didn't want to bother her with what I thought was a small problem. But now I'm lying out of guilt. We promised each other not to ever lie again or hide secrets no matter what happens. I promised not to break her heart. I promised to make her feel safe, loved and special forever. I broke my promises. All of them.

It's not like I was back with Yoona, that was not ever happening. But I keep seeing her. I told her to leave in two days but when I went back, she was still there. She cried - crocodile tears- and begged me to give her more days until she finds a place. She didn't believe I was getting married and I didn't try to give proves. I don't give a shit about her.

Or that's what I thought.

Until she called me crying through the phone, she was sick and had no one to send her to the hospital. Her voice seemed serious. I didn't think twice and I rushed out of my office to my old house.

I walked in to find her curled up like a ball hugging her body. I called her name few times but with no answer. She was groaning in pain and had a bad fever. A very bad fever. She wasn't acting up, she was really sick. I lifted her off the ground and ran to my car, to the nearby hospital. The doctor said she had a common cold but she wasn't eating well and she was badly dehydrated. She needed rest, food and care.

I drove her back home. I made sure she went straight to bed and I was about to leave when she held my hands tightly pulling me to sit next to her. "Can't you stay with me ?" She asked.

"Why would I? You have your medicine, food, water and you are in bed. Why should I stay?"

"I don't want to be alone and sick. I'm afraid." She was honest, I could tell.

"Then call one of your entourage!" I said pulling my arm away.

"You know they are all fake friends."

"Your everything is fake, Yoona. "

"Just stay with me till I fall asleep. Please. As a friend."

"We are not friends and I don't want to be with you, alone. And that's my last warning, Yoona. If you don't leave by next week, I swear to god that I-"

"You'll call the police ?" She cut me. "You've been saying that for weeks, Jin ! Call them if you dare. But you can't. You can't hurt me. I'm still somewhere in your mind. You just don't get that cause you've been brainwashed by your lovely friend-fiancée."

"I didn't call the police cause I still have some humanity, not because you are in my mind."

"Bullshit !" She said, sitting back in an upright position, pulling my face closer to her, making us only few, very few centimeters away. That was dangerous. "I guarantee that one kiss and you'll be wrapped around my little finger again, Jin."

I froze. I wanted to push her away but I couldn't. My mind was cursing me for being in that position but my heart was remembering our intimacy and it was banging inside my chest like crazy. She leaned in closer. Our noses were touching when I finally came back to my senses and pushed her away.

"Stop the shit, Yoona !" I yelled and jumped to my feet. "How can you be that bold? I told you I'm getting married and I love her. You are nothing to me anymore. So you'd better think properly and fuck off. Enough with the damage you made to me. This is your last chance to act like a human. Leave ! Don't call and don't cross roads with me again."