9-Another Day Of Sun

"Listen To Another Day Of Sun."

It's not her first time to panic and run away. I think now she's got a serious problem, like she's afraid of being committed to one person. I told her not give too much and not to fall deep, but I didn't mean not to try.

Maybe I affected her, maybe not. I wasn't sure of what she was going through. For the past month, she would call me every day to check on me. I never thought that she was struggling herself. She was going through a break up, ending contracts, coming back to Korea but she never mentioned anything. I'm sure that her family didn't take the news well. Specially her brother. He never liked me being around Jess and always tried to push me away from her. We are friends, not so close but friends. We are always on good terms as long as I'm away from his sister which barely happens.

When I was sixteen, we got in a fight together because he was yelling at Jess and I stood for her. He got angry and started cursing at me. I punched him and that was the second biggest mistake in my life, because the first was marrying Yoona. The brat punched back and before I knew it, I was shoved to the ground and beaten up to death. He was short and seemed to be fragile but he was nothing other than another copy of angry Jess. Indeed they were twins.

I kept my eyes on Jess for the past two days. I made sure she ate well and slept well to regain her strength after what the alcohol made to her small body. I still couldn't believe that she was back and staying with me. We agreed to keep living together. It's okay for both of us as we were always comfortable with each other. Plus, she would never let me go back to my old house.

Today we are heading to the office and I'm officially announcing her comeback.

I've been waiting outside her room for fifteen mins. We were going to be late for the weekly meeting at the company. "Jess, we're running out of time." I yelled across the living room annoyingly while checking my watch for the hundredth time.

"I'm done." She said opening the door. She stood there wearing a formal blue wide pants, a light grey button up shirt tucked to her pants. The shirt was open, not showing anything other than the little pearl necklace encircling her neck. Her hair fell perfectly to one shoulder. Simple yet elegant.

"Excuse me! Did you see a party animal wearing a whole see through shirt? I think she was in this room, miss." I teased walking into her direction, stopping just in front of her shorter frame.

"Funny. So funny, Jin." She said rolling her eyes then pushed me in the shoulder and walked past me to the door. I followed her.

"I really love your duality."

"I'm just good at following the dress codes." She said with a wink then flipped her hair back over her shoulder. I gave her my hand and she took it and then we left to work. 

***

"Since I'm staying, I think of getting myself a car." She said from the passenger seat, keeping her eyes on the road while we were heading to the office.

"You can always use mine, and we already work and live together."

"Ew," She scrunched her face in disgust. "that sounds weird when said aloud ! But still I need my own car. What if decided to run away?"

"Run with me then."

"Run away from you, I mean. You said it yourself, we are working and living together which may make me sick of you at some point."

"Babe," I turned my head to face her smirking devilishly. "You can't run away from me. I know all your secret places! You are trapped, Jess. Get yourself a car and try to run. Let me see where the pretty little mind of yours would take you." I ended my sentence with a confident scoff.