Chapter 6 - Transfiguration, My Love

Nova

While Charlie and I were still making out the final details of our plan, Tonks was proud to say that their vengeful plan against Filch was executed perfectly and surprisingly, almost went according to plan.

Besides a few minor details, such as the fact that Tulip couldn't find Peeves anywhere on the day of the prank as he decided to pull a little prank on them too. He thought it was funny if he hides and makes them nervous, thinking that he won't do a mess for Filch.

Also, Penny apparently isn't as innocent-looking to Filch as she is to Tonks. Just saying the poltergeist's name, Filch suspected her of something and she needed full 15 minutes to convince him that she's not lying and that Peeves is making a mess on the second floor. He questioned her about where exactly on the second floor and what exactly is he doing.

Then, he wanted to send Mrs. Norris to investigate before leaving the vicinity of his office. And then he made her tell him the whole thing again just to see if there was a plot hole in her story.

When he finally left to go see what was going on, Tonks was so nervous that she failed to cast Alohamora twice before opening the office and thank Merlin that Penny took the box inside and placed it down as Tonks was so out of it by the time she unlocked Filch's office that she knocked down the first thing standing in it. Not only did they have to put everything back in place, but they also had to be careful around the dungbomb.

They locked his office and left unnoticed as they joined us for breakfast in the Great Hall. Tonks even went an extra mile by yawning and telling rather loudly – something she was good at – that she just woke up and couldn't believe she almost missed breakfast.

Even though Charlie and I weren't part of their plan we had fun as observers as it was very amusing just how nervous they were waiting to see if the plan was going to work. They, however, didn't have to wait long, as a Gryffindor first year came to the teacher's table and whispered something to McGonagall, that whispered something to the Headmaster, who for a second looked like he was amused and then McGonagall, Snape, and Flitwick hurried out of the Great Hall.

A lot of students followed and as we didn't want to look suspicious we joined the crowd. To Tonks', Penny's, and Tulip's delight it led us straight to Filch's office which was now surrounded with the same stench as the Dungeons a couple of days ago.

As we couldn't keep a straight face and Snape shot us some suspicious looks, we decided to go to the Courtyard and laugh it out there and congratulate them on their big success.

Charlie and I also decided to tell them about our plan. To our surprise, everyone was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas as they wanted to spend time with us as much as we wanted to spend time with them, which was one less problem for us to solve. Now we just had to convince Molly that Charlie can stay and perhaps if all of our friends would be with us, Bill wouldn't have to spend Christmas at Hogwarts if he doesn't want to. We'll see how it goes!

So far the classes are not as hard as I thought they would be. History of Magic is still boring and Snape still breathes behind our necks in Potions, other than that lessons are quite nice.

We finally started practical lessons in Defence Against the Dark Arts and I am very proud to say that Charlie and I are on top of the class. Charms are going fantastic, even though this new one, Episkey, was giving me some problems as I couldn't seem to get it 100% correctly.

I did talk it over with professor Flitwick and he suggested for me to practice at the Hospital Wing with Madam Pomfrey and he reassured me that since other spells are going well for me that this one shouldn't be such a big problem.