Chapter 2 - A New Year

Nova

In the last week of August, the Weasleys and I met my mum in Diagon Alley just like my mum and Molly planned. We bought our books and got Pip his favorite treats. Charlie and I were drooling and pressing our hands on the window display of Quality Quidditch Supplies.

We then stopped at the café Tulip's mum owned just to find out that Tulip wasn't there but her mum told us that she would tell her to meet us on Platform 9 ¾ on the 1st September. Molly also took Bill to get new robes as he grew quite a lot over the summer and Charlie got Bill's old robes. His freckled cheeks turned pink as his mum told that in front of me and my mum but I didn't care.

On several occasions, Charlie got embarrassed as he talked about his home or his things, most belonging to Bill before him. I have never seen it as a bad thing that they didn't have as much money as some of the other Pure Blood families. My parents had quite a stock of gold in our Gringotts vault as a Curse Breaker and an Auror but what good did that do me if I didn't see them most of the year.

I would've done anything to have my mum or my dad at home as Molly stayed at home with Charlie and his siblings. Their house was also something that wasn't embarrassing at all. I liked the smell of wood and honeysuckle and I liked the fact that it was a bit cramped. You feel more like a family rather than in a big house.

When we got all of our things, my mum said goodbye to me as she had to hurry back to work. She gave me a big hug as tears gathered in her eyes. I knew she felt bad that she wouldn't be able to accompany me to the station in a week's time and I knew she wanted more than anything to spend my last week out of Hogwarts with me but she couldn't get time off work.

That's why I returned to the Burrow with the Weasleys – something I didn't mind. I couldn't deny that I missed my mum but being surrounded by such a loving family made me forget just how much I miss spending time with my parents.

On 1st September Molly took me, Bill, and Charlie to the Platform 9 ¾, accompanied by Percy, Fred, and George while Arthur stayed at home with Ron and Ginny as it was a Sunday.

She hugged her sons and wished them a great year at Hogwarts and then she looked at me.

"Oh, Nova dear, it was so nice to have you in our home." She cupped my cheeks.

"Thank you for having me, Molly. I had a great time." I smiled.

"Have a good year, study hard, and take notes." She stopped for a second. "Your mum told me to say that to you." She winked at me. "And take care of my boys, will you? My heart is lighter knowing that they have you, especially Charlie." She pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Mum!" Charlie frowned, embarrassed.

"Bill, you look after these two. Make sure they stay in line." She hugged both, Bill and Charlie, again and gave them a soft kiss on the cheek.

We wanted to enter the train when I heard someone calling my name. It was Tulip who was looking all over for us in the crowd. Together we got on the train and found that Tonks and Penny already reserved a compartment for us.

We all hugged and I couldn't help but feel happy as we were all together again. Jae, the Gryffindor Charlie spent time with and spent more time with Tulip and Tonks than any of us by the end of our first year, joined us for a second but couldn't stay as our compartment already had 6 seats taken.

Tulip started to explain what a mundane summer she had as she was mostly helping her mum in her coffee shop but she didn't mind as she made quite a lot of money and was saving it for Zonko's Joke Shop next year when we are going to be allowed to go to Hogsmeade for the first time.