41. Together

The day had fallen short once again, as the time for dinner approached. Just like the night before every large mission or task, everyone had a dinner together, so a lot of us can stay happy for the time we have left.

Levi and I walked into the mess hall together, just to see everyone sitting down peacefully, as this man, who I had no idea who he was, talked to us all.
"This is a special night for you all, but try not to let the whole city know, alright? Act like the soldiers you are and don't let things get out of hand!"

We part ways, and I take my seat at the table with Jean, Connie, Eren and others, just to see the delicacy we have waited for.
Well not me, but it was finally some real meat, that the Survey Corps could afford.

"Huh? Meat? This is really meat?" I hear Connie mention beside me, with a shocked expression across his face.

As I see sitting beside him on the other side, was potato girl, or Sasha I could say. I never really got to know her, but I knew her and Connie were somewhat close.

"Am, I dreaming?" I hear Sasha whisper.

"Tomorrow is the day we retake Wall Maria, so eat up!" The man says, raising his mug up high.

As soon as he finishes, I hear screams from all different directions, plates shattered across the floor, people on tables, and fights within fights within fights.

I was completely out of it, thinking what food we finally have infront of us.

"Don't you start pulling that shit, potato girl!" I hear Jean say across the table.

I look over to him, and see Sasha with the whole thing of meat in her mouth, while Connie had his arm wrapped around her neck.

"Stop it! I don't wanna have to kill you!" I hear Connie exclaim.
This night was already a mess, how worse could it get?

I continue to stare, watching as Jean manages to pry the meat out from her teeth.

"Like hell we're gonna let you eat this all?" Jean mentions, with an angered tone.

I didn't know what else to do.
Watching Sasha begin to knaw on Jeans bare hand, and Connie on the verge of making her pass out. Everyone else at the table was just like me, wondering what would happen next.

"Do the Survey Corps not usually get to eat meat? Poor, little souls." I hear some arrogant bowl-cut headed man say, chewing on a spare piece of meat.
I can see the expression in Sashas face, as she lands an excruciating punch right on his nose.

Mikasa sat there calmly, with Eren's eyes wide as plates.

"Connie, would you knock her out already?" Mikasa states.

"I'm trying! She should be out already but she keeps moving!" Connie exclaimed, with fear.

I look at the table behind us, to see all of the higher-ups enjoying their meat in peace, including Hange. They all stared at us, in awe.

I turn my head back around to them and say;
"Maybe just tie Sasha up? That'll keep her away. And you won't have to kill her then!" I mention.

"Aha!" Eren says, as he helps Connie tie her to the nearby wooden pole.

I sigh in relief as I can finally enjoy the food in peace.
I block out all noises, once I hear Jean begin to rumble with the bowl-cut guy about how he has no experience in anything, as he is a new recruit in the rear guard.
If I recall, his name was Marlo.

"But Marlo, atleast you aren't as useless as a suicidal maniac whose only skill is charging in first!" Jean exclaimed, poking his head infront of Armin's to stare at Eren.