37. Gaze

I stare in shock, as I never thought I would see him again. He smiled when talking to them both, as I tilt my head downwards.
"Who're you here with?" He asked them.
I didn't both to raise my head up, I didn't really wanna look at him again.

"Oh just Corpora- Levi, and his girlfriend." Jean states.
Jean knew that I didn't like him, because of how he treated me back then. Of course Jean and Connie liked him, he was always like an older brother to them, even though he only older by a couple of years.

"Oh? And what's your name, miss?" He asks me. I didn't wanna answer, I didn't want him to recognize me.
I slowly lifted my head so that he could see my face, and let out a slight smile.
His eyes went wide, and his mouth was left open.
"[Y/N]?" He asked me.

"Hi.." I let out faintly.

"How've you been?" He asked nervously.

"Pretty good, you?" I replied.

"Not bad."

We sat there in silence just for a minute, as it got all awkward.

"Well, I should get going! It was, uh, nice to see you all, bye!" He says, as he walks off again.

"Who was that, tell me." Levi demanded, when he was far enough away to not hear.

"That's her ex. He was a really bad boyfriend, or atleast she says." Jean mentions.
"Yeah manipulative as fuck. But we still love him." Connie adds.

"Shit friends you have. But tell me, what'd he do to you?"

I really didn't wanna speak about it on my birthday, but it was the time.

"He threatened to leak my, pics, which I shouldn't have sent in the first place. But forced me to date him, he was emotionally abusive too." I said, as I rubbed my hand against my arm.

I heard both of them gasp.
"Wait he did that? I thought all he did was threaten to kill himself if you left him." Jean says with his hand over his mouth.

"Well well! He's not dead!" I say, trying to hold in my tears.
This trauma was not something I wanted to bring up on my birthday. I feel arms wrap around my shoulder as Levi pulls me in for a hug.
He kissed me by my ear and said;
"I'm sorry I asked in the first place, I hope you're okay now." He mumbles into my ear.
I force a smile onto my face as he sits me straight up again, but leaving his hand on my thigh. He repeatedly rubs it softly, squeezing every so often.

"Well! Let's forget about all that and be happy! It is your birthday of course, so let's all eat!" Connie exclaims, brightening the mood.
I let out a real smile, and we start to discuss what we want. We thought about ordering loads of food and sharing it all, and I was surprised when Levi was okay with that. So, that's exactly what we did.

___________________________

The night was incredibly fun. We had eaten so much food, stuff ourselves up completely. My stomach even seemed to have gotten a tiny bit bigger, which usually never happens for me. We were laughing a lot, and I even managed to catch Levi smile a few times at Connies jokes. The laughing made my stomach hurt even more. But, we thought now that we disrupted the whole place, we should head our way home.
"So, who's paying?" Jean asks.

"Well not me, I don't need a reason." I say, leaning back on my chair.

"I forgot my money." Connie exclaims, resting his head on the table.

"Yeah and I'm broke sooooo, Levi?" Jean says with a promising smile.

He groans, as he takes out a wad of cash.