30: FALLEN TOO HARD

I don't like him. Stay Away. - MANIK

***********************************************************************************

NANDINI'S POV

I rechecked the message over and over again. What in the world is wrong with this guy. At one point he is this really adorable unicorn and the next second he turns into an angry bird. Even though i knew whom he was talking about but i hated the fact of him ordering me around so i pitched in my own lawship.

Excuse me? Stay away from who? - NANDINI

You know it well. - MANIK

No i don't. - NANDINI

I was super frustrated with the way he wanted to control everything. If he has to boss around he would have to come clean and in open words. I am tired of figuring him out.

Edward and i mean it. - MANIK

There it was. How he felt right now, all on a silver platter infront of me. Mr. malhotra was actually jealous, does it mean that he actually feels something about me but what about how i feel? I mean how do i actually feel about him. Is he someone special to me? Or just a guy i like hanging around with. Damn am i in love or something?

I was shook out from my courtship world by a light pat on my shoulder. I turned around at Navya eyeing at me with confusion.

"Are you okay Nanz? You know you can tell me anything." Navya asked with concern.

"No No Oh No i am super good. I just missed you guys and it feels so good back again." I side hugged her.

"Me too." She reciprocated the hug.

"Oh really then how was Cabir?" I teased her.

"He was good and caring around me. We had fun." She blushed.

Okay Nandini go smooth. Really smooth girl.

"Yup you guys are so in love." I pushed in.

"Yes we are and i am so glad that i found a guy like him." she smiled her prettiest.

"So how did you actually know that you were in love?" I asked trying to be as discreet as possible.

" Well if we go by the books. It's like the sky is pink and it's raining all around you with the most beautiful rainbow above your head but practically it just a feeling. A very giddy feeling when you just can't spend a moment without that person and he is the centre of your universe." She explaied it to me in such  amazingly constructed words that it struck me a strike and i just hugged her tight making me way out of the office.

******************************************************************************************

MANIK'S POV

The entire office wanted to look at me directly but i knwo that they were looking at me by one way or the other via a file or a side eye, thinking how crazy their boss went from being a souless man. And i won't blame them for such a thought since this boss right here practically ran out holding a girl's hand laughing and giggling like a teenage boy.

I know all about it. I can feel the changes in me, the smile that refused to leave my face as soon as i got up from my bed. And that obstrone feeling i get before going to be with her in my arms. I had been there and it felt exactly like this but i can't do this. I know this and definitely not right now or actually ever in my life. 

My thoughts pulled back when cabir walked into my office without kncoking AGAIN.

"Looks like you didn't miss me?" He faked a hurtful face.

"Not even a little bit. It was like you never left." I replied flipping through the A1 plan sheets.

"Well maybe because of the new someone." he raised his brows.

"There's no one." I replied in a reflex.

"I said maybe but if there is someone you can tell me that." he butted in again.

"Cabir there's no one." I rolled the sheets ready for my meeting.

"Well that doesn't explain all the smiles." he enquired.

"CABIR. I CAN'T LOVE." I stated the finale statement walking out of my cabin.

"You can't forever hate women." he shouted back making his point that was pretty clear to me already but i can't let it get to me.

**************************************************************************************

NANDINI'S POV

I ran up the stairs making ym way to the terrace as the feeling engulfed me. I crossed my arms around me feeling the cold breeze make it's way through my hair and past my body. I think what love was now. It wasn;t like something that i had felt before , maybe Navya had been right. All that i had felt for my past guy , it wasn't actually love. Never was. Maybe what i had started feeling nowadays was closer to the concept and idea of love. I knew what i had to do now for clarity and only one person can help me out with it. I pulled out my phone, opening my secret notes folder with a passcode, i hit that record button as i spoke,

"Hey mom, it's me here, your little girl. Not so little anymore i guess. I know it's been long and i haven't been the best kid but still just wanted to say that i love you and i miss you. And there are so many things that i wanted to talk about like a normal kid talks with their parents but you know we can't. Dad and you are busy above there taking care of my little Sofie and i know you know it all about it since you are always watching me like a bright star of my life from up above. Gosh it sounds so awkward now since you know the things i have been doing recently aren't great but i wanted to tell you that.

Now there's this guy. I think i like him and i think maybe he likes me too but i just, i just don't wanna get hurt again. I am scared and only you can help me out in this, i so want to put my head on your lap and cry over guys even if i get hurt but right now i am alone here. I can't go through it all again. I really miss." I cried talking out to her like sending her a voice note on call.

********************************************************************************

MANIK'S POV

This meeting is so flunked. These guys have no concept, it's like a bunch of amateurs showing me a design of flipped bottle on land. I mean who does that. There was a knock again on the main door as i motioned them to stop the presentation.

"Excuse me sir. Sorry to disturb you but there is a women urgently asking for you." My PA apologised for the inconvenience.

A women asking for me. Gosh Nandini. Is she okay? Did that Edwrad do something to her!

I excused myself from the crowd as i made my way over to my cabin taking the wireless from my PA's hand, ready to grace me with her lovely voice but as soon as i heard the other side, i felt my sould leave my body as my lips quivered to even say the way.

"MOM" and the world felt silent.