11: IT'S ALL A GAME

Manik had a hectic schedule as always and as usual he came late at night but today was a shocker for him.He found Nandini sitting on the living area on the sofa watching god knows what sort of a romantic movie. She was soo engrossed in it that she had no idea when Manik walked in, changed his clothes and was now preferably having his food until she stood up to refill her popcorn tub.

"woah!!! you scared me there for a bit" Nandini jerked up as soon as she saw him.

"maybe you saw your own face" Manik shurgged scrolling through his emails.

"hahaha very funny and why are you late today?" Nandini asked.

"And why are you interrogating as if you are my wife." Manik smirked.

Nandini had no answer to that so she thought it was better to be quite until she had her whole plan executed. It was going to be the perfect master plan.

Manik found the silence a little discomforting specially by a girl like her.

"The meeting went long and then the delegate suggested we had a drink or two." Manik tried initiating a conversation by answering her previous question.

"Good for you. so?" nandini asked getting back her tub from the microwave.

"So you asked me now return the favour how was your day?" Manik asked.

"as usual" nandini replied ina sylable. 

"nothing more!!" Manik asked with astonishment.

"Nope" nandini replied popping a popcorn in her mouth eyes glued back to the t.v.

Manik was left with a shut mouth. Nothing was happening according to him.

He had his share of food while Nandini was still persistent on the sofa.Practically ignoring the shit out of him. This was not good and he couldn't take it. So to make his presence be felt he moved places around the hall trying to grab her attention. Nandini found the whole thing cute yet funny. It was Day 2 and Manik was already getting distracted. This guy was soo into her. To finally put a full stop at his marathon she spoke up.

"Manik" Nandini turned to face him.

"ya?" he tried playing casual even though he was loving the fact that she acknowledged him.

"Can you move to the other side you are blocking my view." she smiled her ever so sweet smile.

Like seriously Nandini.

"ya sure why not?" manik replied with an annoyed face.

He was in no mood for a fight so he decided to return back to his room in order to get up early, that was the only safer option to him. He walked away when he heard his name and to be honest it did wonders to him.

"You can join me if you want." nandin offered.

Ofcourse hell Manik wanted that. But boy play it casual.

"Nope i am not into such bullshit romance thing" Manik shrugged away the offer.

"Okay your choice. Its always a good gesture to offer." Nandini turned her face back to the t.v.

"Only if you are saying." Mani quickly came ahead and sat down.

And the next moment they were actually enjoying it sitting cozy and watching the movie together, commenting over the characters, the dialogues. you could say it was a two people house party. KIDDING.

The movie was pretty intense damn Nandini chose a good one. Manik had to control like literally control while she roamed her hands all around his body while squeaking at the scenes. 

Wasn't this movie supposed to be romantic.

This was getting tough while Nandini could see her effect on him. The game was definitely fun. One look at manik and she was drowing, the eye lock was not something she expected but why wasn't she able to move herself out of it. They were moving closer inch by inch until their lips were a little apart. Leaning inn Nandini held up his shoulders to catch herself from falling on from the couch closing her eyes while Manik had his hands slowing going up and down her waist, the moment was magical as fiction says it but every perfect moment has its own killer and in this case it was the best friend face time on Nandini's cell phone. Navya and mukti were all ready to check on their best friend but obviously on the worst moment.

The ringing of Nandini's cell phone broke the aroma of the moment and later it was odd silence when both of them snapped out of the fictional world they had created around each other. This was not going to be fine. Nandini just picked up her phoone and left. Not the very best act.

"dang it mahn!!! urgg i so hate everybody around me." Manik threw the pillow placed beside him.

Closing the television a dejected Manik walked back on his bed laying flat. But something was off and that something was the creepy smile he was constantly having on his face. This whole thing was soo stupid but also good. It was not that Manik had never kissed a girl before. He had obviously done much worse and he had a lust towards Nandini but this hit and run was making it sooo much more deperate for him to want her, closer to him.

Nandini picked up her ringing phone still huffing from the previous incident and dahsed inside her room.

"Babe you alright?" Mukti asked as soon as she saw a huffing friend.

"Yes i am. why?" Nandini asked still huffing.

"You look like you just had a marathon run" Mukti laughed.

"Look at all the sweat" Navya pointed out.

"I am fine guys just that it was soo dark downstairs so i came back running" Nandini made an excuse.

"okay but don't be up soo late. Get proper sleep until you have time." Mukti ordered.

"ya just doing that" Nandini replied getting herself comfortable on the bed.

"And that Manik, is he irritating you?" Navya asked like a good old mother.

Hearing Manik's name took Nandini back on the spot she was at 5 mins before and it made her feel jittery in her stomach.

"no we don't even meet each other" she denied but it was tough lying to her friends.

"even after being at the same house" Navya asked being confused.

"busy in office" Nandini stated the obvious.

"It's good then. Also he had his tail behind you only" Navya ended the topic.

"Exactly stay safe babe." Mukti reminded her.

"i will now you guys sleep and come back soon. i already miss you. and Navya have super fun with cabir" Nandini whined.

"We do too babes. Good Night." Mukti waved off.

"Night" nandini cancelled the call.

But sleep was far away from her eyes. This whole plan was not a good idea but it still felt great. Being so close to him and almost, DUUUHHHH Nandini stop thinking such bad thing this is not going to happen ever again.

NEVER EVER AGAIN.

But hell did she knew it was just the beginning of this rollercoaster ride.