41: GROOMSMEN AND BRIDESMAIDS

MANIK'S POV

"What part of message did you not understand." i was greeted with a scolding as soon as a entered Nandini's apartment. Sofia had her hands on her waist as she gave me death glares.

"Important meeting." i replied casually passing thorugh her as i greeted everyone with a nod. Classic Manik.

"You were supposed to be here half an hour ago." she turned to face me.

"Dear sister as i said, important meeting." i shrugged in response, "Also Cabir and Navya are still not here and if i am clear it is a meeting for their wedding preperations." 

"But we're the groomsmen and bridesmaids." she sat beside me on the couch like a big animal.

"But they just got enagaged yesterday." Mukti spoke eyeing nandini who sat beside Austin.

"Don't eye me. Navya asked for this meeting." Nandini kept her hands up in defence.

"Relax kids, we can't get to a conclusion until the IT couple is here." Austin the great bugged in.

"Yes but-" Sofia started her rant but got silenced by the bell ring.

"Looks like the people of the hour are here." Nandini spoke as she got up to open the door.

"Hey" as soon as the door opened i got greeted by another annoying voice. Edward. Just the person who was left to ruin my life.

"Still no sign of them." Mukti huffed.

"Navya is not here? But she left before me." Edward answered making himself confortable after greeting everyone.

"Okay i am leaving them." Mukti got up to leave but stopped as she spotted Cabir and Navya walk in hand-in hand.

"All hail the IT couple." She mocked them, "You guys are late." 

"Sorry" Navya hugged her best friend as Cabir gave me a high five like always.

"So what is this stupid meeting for?" i asked raising my brows but got slapped by Sofia on my arm.

"Behave." she gave me a forced smile. Sometimes i don't remember who is the elder one.

"We have a crisis." Both Navya and Cabir say at the same time.

"What?" Austin asked.

"We're getting married in 10 days." Navya gave a smugged smile as our faces went down to the floor with shock.

'You kidding me." Sofia was the first one to get out of the trauma.

"A wedding in 10 days." Mukti joined the rant group.

"It's not a crisis. It's a big fiasco." Nandini bugged in.

"Relax kids it's just a wedding. 10 days is not a big deal." i shrug as i get up. I mean is it that bad of a situation but by the look each of them gave me i realised it was.

"You're kidding me Manik. A wedding in 10 days is a disaster. We don't have a venue. No dress. No theme. Nothing." Nandini gave me a you kidding me look. Damn that stare made me actually fear for my life.

"We actually have a venue." Cabir came ahead.

"Yeah and it is the reason why the wedding is so early. It is the place we always wanted to get married at and there are no open slots left until an early cancel by a ciuple whose wedding date was 10 days from now." Navya gave an apologetic look.

"Navyaaa" Sofia chimed.

"Relax Sofie we'll get through this." Mukti spoke.

"Yes we will and we'll make this the best wedding." Austin joined as he stood beside Nandini.

"Yeah yeah we will. I mean it's stressfull but we'll do it. Right guys?" Nandini asked.

"Then i'll get the managers started." I got my phone out.

"Excume me. We're not getting planners." Nandini snatched my phone.

"What?" i asked.

"Look we 3 had a pact. We're gonna be the planner of each other's wedding and we're keeping that promise." she exclaimed.

"Nandini we single handedly can't pull up a wedding that fast." i took my phone back.

"But we will." she took it back.

"It's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible for us."

"Look Nandini"

"You look Manik"

"Enough you guys." Sofia pulled us away, "We already have zero time to waste so it's better if we get a solution out for this." 

"Fine" We both huffed as Nandini gave my phone back to me.

"I am so sorry guys." Navya apologised.

"Seriously we're very sorry." Cabir side hugged her.

"It's fine guys we are amazing planners. Aren't we Nandini?" Austin raised his brows. I wish i could chop them off.

"Nope i can't say that for you because sir you're a pathetic manager." Nandini teased him. Gosh guys stay apart i am still here.

"Okay so who's doing what?" Edward asked after being a silent spectator for a while. I mean brother why are you even here.

"We will decide but Cabir and Navya for that you guys have to leave. This is a surprise." Mukti whined, "Right Nanz?"

"Yes as the pact says. We decide everything." Nandini pointed at her and Mukti.

"Fine." Navya replied as Cabir dragged her away.

"So we're off to meet her parents then." he informed before leaving.

"Okay byeee We can do this." Sofia called out to them.

"Nope we can't do this." She spoke as soon as the couple left.

"But you just-" edward asked being confused.

"Shush man. This is a disaster. We all know that." She whined.

"But we have to do this anyhow for Navya. She's always dreamt of a perfect wedding." Nandini humped down on the couch.

"Should have thought that before blasting the 10 days bomb over our heads." I mocked.

"Insensisitive man." she murmured.

'Okay enough drama. we're doing this and we're doing this now. So who's doing what?"Mukti shushed everyone.

"But first we need to know what sort of wedding we're supposed to plan." Austin asked. The man had a point though.

"A christian ofcourse." Both Nandini and Mukti replied together.

"We 3 always wanted a Christian wedding since forever." Nandini spoke with dreamy eyes.

"So we're doing a Christian wedding then. Me and Nandini will look into the theme and the overall managing of the venue." Austin sais with a smile.

"Nope." i snapped as fast as i could. Bad move.

"What?" he asked.

"He is right. You're a model dude. You should be incharge of the clothing." Sofia supported me. My little sister. I am emotional right now.

"I'll take care of the theme and venue planning since i know what Navya wants." Nandini said.

"I'll take up decor." I replied, decor meant more time with Nandini, " because i am a designer." i added as i saw everyone eyeing me.

"Good. So i'll take care of the liquor department.' Mukti added.

"I'll take care of food." Edward suggested. 

"Then the priest and music is on me along with the cake." Sofia smiled.

"Guys let's do this." Nandini commanded as she wrote everythng down and we bolted for our respective works, making phone calls as fast as we could.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR NAVYA-CABIR'S WEDDING?

Also sometimes i feel zero motivation to continue this story so if the chapters are not up to the mark for you guys. I'm sorry.