32: UNSPOKEN LOVE

"Manik please-" i cried.

"I said just leave before i hurt you even more." he shouted turning his back on me.

I knew that i had to make a choice

************************************************************************************

NANDINI

I did what i was supposed to do, i stayed. Even though it was a scary option but what was even more scarier was the thought of leaving this man alone when he was not even in his right senses. He could hurt me if it makes him better. He could tame me with his anger but i won't bulge. 

With my scared hands i tried moving closer to him. He was by on the floor again shivering too hard on a memory that i wanted him to share with me but i would never force him to. He can take as much time as he want to and i would wait for him. My hands were surprisingly still even after such horrific scenario as i clutched his hand with mine. He looked up at once with his blood shot eyes with warm tears streaming down his cheek.

"Don't stay." he pleaded me for my own good, i was blantly aware of that but this was not about me. It was about him here.

"I am not going to ask you anything. You don't have to share anything with me right now. Just let me hold you please." i spoke to him softly as his brown orbs pierced through mine.

With an affirmative nod he held my hand tighter this time scooting closer and keeping his head on my lap. This felt good. He felt like a boat stuck at a bad storm and i was his anchor, trying to get him stable and sail through it.

"I can't do this again." he finally spoke in between his silent sobs.

"If you don't want to then you don't have to." i stroked his hair. I was falling in love and it was dangerous but i was falling for him.

"How can she just walk back like nothing happened." he held me tighter almost stopping my bloodflow. My heart skipped a beat, he was surely talking about a women here, but who?

"Sometimes our past never stops haunting us." i smiled thinking about my own dark times.

"But i want it to stop now. I have everything. I have money, power, just everything but i want to live." he looked at my face with hurt and pain that my heart ached.

"And you will. Do you trust me?" I asked him. His answer meant so much to me.

"Yes." he smiled a sad one though.

"Then get up cause we're going to live today." i helped him up to which he got utterly confused. I held out my hand to him, "There was once when you asked me if i trusted you and i gave you my hand. It's your turn now. Just trust me."

He interwined our fingers giving it a light squeeze implying that he trusted me with wherever i would take him to. It was then that i realised that we never actually required words or sentences to explain our desires and feelings. These small gestures between us were more than enough to get us through thick and thin.

At once i let him in before and i was doing it again now. I took him to a place that was the closest to my heart since, well since everything came crashing down in my life. The entire ride Manik spoke nothing, just looked out of the window still not over with what happened with him before. I stopped my car at a dead end and he gave me a quizzled look.

'Where are we?" he asked me.

"somewhere you could forget who you are." i smiled and got out of the car moving at the very end of the mountain cliff. This was my favourite place since i was a kid. My foster parents used to get me here whenever i cried or missed my real parents. This was where i celebrated even the smallest of my life ocassions and below it was a sea adjacent to which at a distance was the beach.