21: DAY ONE

And i just realized that i haven't edited the initial parts which surely I'll do soon. So sorry for the crap that you read earlier, i hope the next ones compensates for that.

***************************************

Manik was up early than usual cause today was gonna be a tough day for him which ofcourse he can never talk about to anyone. He had always wanted to have a person in his life , like a therapist to him who would make everything in his life sensible and easier to open to but alas in the past years he had experienced enough to trust anyone with his secrets. Well moving to the actual reason to why he was up so early was because it was The Ball today, how had he wished to for nandini and Katie to never ever have met in thier life well not through him atleast.

He walked down the stairs Nandini's room door was locked cause she was never a morning person but a single glance at her room door and the past night memories of them came rushing back to them. Not that they did a lot last night i mean a couple of kisses and a good make out session later they were tired with the day beings so decided to call it a night.

Manik sat back at his chair with all kinds of food infront of him that he could probably need but no matter how much he had in his lie the satosfaction just wasn't there, yet. He picked up on his spoon to gulp down the cereals as usual, i mean if he never wants to eat all that breakfast why does Maria even tried, well he thought the same but she had been around for a long time and had always tried to get him used to a normal indian breakfast but he was never the one. Just a guy with a scheduled diet and time table.

He heard the door being unlocked and a small smile crept his face, first day to their so called relationship and he missed her touch already missed her touch since last night only if she wasn't tired, he would have never let her go. It had been so long that he slept beside her, a peaceful sleep finally. Nandini hopped down the stairs moving on towards him and he could very well hear a footsteps to know exactly how far she was.

Dismissing Maria and the workers away from the place he held a hand out for her which she gladly accepted and sat down on his lap encircling her hands around his neck. 

"I knew you were a morning person but isn't it too early" Nandini grumbled still in sleep keeping her head on his shoulder. talking about being comfortab;e so soon well they passed this stage well last night.

"Unlike you other people do have offices to run" Manik chuckled holding her waist and stroking her hairs lightly, the action was reflexive nothing that he had planned to do.

"Offices yaya" Nandini snorted at how he shows off the ampunt of work that he has. Pulling her head up she smiled at him "And for your knowledge i do have work to do too but i am not a robot like you"

"Oh really, well this robot believes in punctuality and morning charm" Manik spoke eyeing her lips and moving forward only to be puches back by Nandini's palm

"Umhum i haven't brushed till now. I'll go and get ready looks like i can learn something from you." nandini reasoned and tried to move up from his lap. Emphasis on try only to be pulled back again.

"And i don't care. Looks like i need a charm today." Manik smiled moving in for a small and tender kiss which Nandini happily obliged too. The kiss was soft and a short one since it was just the start of the day.

Pulling apart Nandini taunted "Gross"

"But you liked it" Manik laughed at her eww face leaving her waist so she could get up and get dressed.

"What's so special about today may i ask?" Nandini asked keeping her hands on her waist.

"It the ball today remember" Manik spoke getting up moving a little closer to her "which well you got yourself invited too so be ready on time i'll pick you at 7" he adjusted a strand of her hair behind her ear giving her lips a little peck and moving out of the office for his office.

"Still gross" Nandini shouted at him smiling to herself. Maybe this wasn't a bad idea. but her smile faded away when reality struck her like a huge gallon "Damn i don't have a dress. Shit i am so screwed and what kind of dress do they even wear at such events but my meeting. Godd only if i had thought about it before" nandini scolded herself walking inside her room to leave for her work.

**********************************************************************************************

Walking inside her office she stopped at the coffee space to grab a cup of her everyday coffee only to bump into Edaward.

"Looks like destiny wants us to meet again and again" Edward joked only to get a no response since Nandini was busy in her own thoughts.

"Hello anyone there" Edward spoke knocking on her head lightly.

"Heyy" came back the response from her "What was that for?" Nandini asked rubbing her temple slightly.

"Sorry had to wake you up from your deep sleep" Edward chuckled.

"Sorry i wasn't listening i was thinking about something" Nandini replied guiltily moving to the coffee machine to get her regular dose.

"Anything i can help you with?" Edward asked genuinely helping her with her cup of coffee.

"Thank you and only if you are good with dresses. Actually my friends aren't here right now and there is some classy place that i need to be at and i have no outfit" Nandini replied grabbing her cup from him and smiling at how he stumbled with hsi own.

"Okay that might be a problem but i know someone who might help you" Edward replied easing her tensed crease lines a bit.

"Really who?" Nandini asked with enthusiasm, she badly needed to make an impression on that stupid Katie or Kate or whatever bitch she was standing elegantly beside Manik and to not let him down.

"Just a friend of mine from college, she is a great designer here. Her shop is just one block down from here" Edward smiled moving along her to his desk.

"Really thank you so much. So can i meet her after work?" Nandini asked.

"yes i'll let her know that you'll be visiting and now i'll take you leave looks like the IT guy can't have a break here" Edward chuckled moving back to his boss who needed some help from him.

"Katie baby get ready to be outcast by this bitch here" Nandini smirked to herself.