18: PERSPECTIVES

Manik got dressed and walked down the stairs to the dining table where Nandini was already seated in her comfortable work outfits. He made himself comfortable waiting for his everyday breakfast when Nandini spoke.

"So about the rules?Do they start now?" Nandini asked stuffing her face with the morning breakfast, who says girls don't eat.

"Nah they probably start after our date tonight and about that please be ready on time i hate late comers" Manik spoke eating in a sophisticated manner unlike hers. Was he even ready to get this women in his life. Hell now he can't back off.

"So where ate we going tonight?"

"No concern to you. Just be ready on time. Moreover i am already late for the meeting. Goodbye. Be ready by 7" Manik replied and walked off with his coat him his hands.

"This guy is so wierd like i can't even be sure about him that he won't flip the next second. He is so smart, caring and mischiveous at one and now he is like rude and an ass. But what do i have to do about this. Nandini all you have to care right now is about going back to your job get inside that meeting and rock them."

******************************************************************************************

Manik reached his office and barged straight in with a scowl on his face.

"Like seriously Mr. Lewis i want you here right now" Manik roared while the entire office staff succummed into a puddle running their erands as fast as they could and Mr.Lewis came running to his boss like a man on a marathon race.

"Yes sir sorry sir" Mr.Lewis spoke without even knowing what he did.

"Go fuck your sorry Lewis. I just got a call from our Boston partners and they said that they haven't recieved our report yet, not even the delivery and you know what they said, they black mailed me to cut off and cancel the entire partnership. So what the hell do i do about your sorry"Manik spit anger on his face via his words.

" Sir i know your concern and the entire department is sorry for that but i assure you that the work will be done as soon as possible and the delivery will be out"Lewis tried to cover up his mistake in an attempt to save his job"

"8 hours, you precisely have 8 hours for this"

"thank you so muc sir we won't disappoint you this time. the delivery will be out"

"* hours for both Lewis. The report and delivery" Manik smirked, he knew he had this guy captured. if it was somebody else he would have definitely fired him but this was Lewis, the best man he had. Smart, intelligent and wicked for this company.

"Sir it's tough-" Lewis tried to reason out.

"Did you say something?" Manik challeneged the poor guy to try his luck again.

"It will be done sir" Lewis gave up. their was no point talking to this business lord. He was here, on top of the entrepreneur list because he worked his way out and there was no way that anyone could ever take him out.

"Good exactly what i expected. now connect me to them via video conference in 10 minutes and Marissa coffee on my table in 5" manik dismissed the staff and walked in his cabin at the far end with the most perfect view of the city.

Marissa batted her eye lashes and ran after him with a cup of coffee. she knocked on the door and Manik called her in.

"Sir you coffee" Marissa kept the cup on the table puposely showing her cleavage don in order to batt te boss but she had no idea that this man was someone not ordinary. She definitely wasn't gonna stay here and be the queen of the empire. No chance.

" Good job Marissa 2 minutes ti the order and you are already in, i expect more people like you in here" Manik smirked mischiveously.

"Anything else you want me to do sir." Marissa asked very well knowing what he and she both wanted.

"maybe you could actually help me out" Manik glanced at his watch and gave a satisfactory smile "we have 7 minutes to the meeting. Shall we ?"

And the rest 7 minutes were well history like with the other 12 secretaries in the past.

*********************************************************************************************

Nandini walked out from the conference after a long 4 hour meeting and smiled at herself for banging the report presentation so well. The editors were impressed and maria her boss was on cloud nine because of her. Bulls Eye.

"Hey Nandini right?" A guy in crisped staright suit with deep blue eyes spoke with his hands forward.

"Ya you must be the new internship guy here, Edward right?" Nandini shaked his hands and plastered a good smile at him. Damn he was hot and she was definitely sweating from all the heat radiating from him.

"The young man stuck between the old editors, yes that's me" Edward snickered.

"Hey don't say that. I know you'll do great. I heard you in there and the points you said got me tough in my position." Nandini gave him an assuring smile.

"So let me ease my first impression up a little. wanna go out for coffee or a snack today?" Edward asked her with his perfect white smile.

"I mean-" Nandini glanced at her wrist watch and it was already 5:30 that means she had exactly an hr and a half for her date with Manik and she surely did not want to be late or look like a doof infront of him . God knows how fancy he was gonna be. " I am so sorry but i have to go somewhere tonight but we have go out sometime soon."

"Sure that would be fine too.Have a great evening" Edward smiled and went away.

"Gosh he was so hot and charming. Damn those eyes. If it wasn't for this monster's date i would definitely be enjoying with him." Nandini wished to herself.

*******************************************************************************************

As soon as nandini reached home, she dolled herself up as soon as she could and it was already 7. Running down the stairs she met the maid and asked her about manik. She surely didn't wanted to make him wait and hear any of his sarcastic comments.

"Sorry ma'am sir's still not home." the maid replied and got back to her work.

"What, it's 7:10 now and he is late." nandini humpped and sat on the couch waiting for him.

An hour passed and she kept scrolling through her instagram, she did called him atleast 15 times and texted like 28 messages to him  but still no reply.

It was already 10 now and Nandini had it enough. He was 3 hours late and she had enough of this jerks issues so she got down the couch and went inside the room, ripping the dress off and removing the make up, she got into her ngith pajamas and a loose tee. Comforting herself with an ice cream tub she sat down scrolling through netflix, she stopped herself on the latest season on Money Heist.

The professor was way greater than Manik Malhotra. Well fuck him. (Not actually though)