16: WE ARE WHAT?

Nandini stretched her arms when the sunrays hit her face, rubbing them hard she moved her fist on the left but ended up hitting a wall. Hitting a wall. Shit! Not again. nandini peeked through her one eye open and saw Manik beside her sleeping soundly with his clothes ON. Thank god the last time he was on her bed, he had called the make out session a mistake when she might have felt up a spark.

But just lying down their being sleepy he kinda looked hot and well at peace maybe. Or was it just her imagination but whatever since the past few days that she had been here she had actually seen how tough it is to handle a million dollar company. When she had started her job as a jornalist she read alot about such people who worked their asses off to be at the place that they are but looking right through such a person was elite. Nandini did wanted to be closer to him but was scared what if he calls it a mistake again like last time. She can't handle a rejection again. Nandini was drowned in her deep thoughts of rejection when a sexy voice hit her ear drums.

"You're acting like a creep" Manik spoke up openeing his eyes lightly adjusting to the sunlight that fell on his face.

"No i was not. I just saw a mosquito on your face" Nandini tried not to accept the fact at she was practically drooling at the look of his face seconds before.

" Seriously nandini a mosquito that's the best reply you've got" Manik retorded pulling his physique up by supporting his chin on a pillow like a kid.

"Nope i am just- well forget it there is no point talking about stupid things" Nandni spoke while getting up from the bed feeling a bit uncomfortable yet equisite under his shining gaze. "And before you say ill about last night, i am sorry i shouldn't have done that, i wasn't even in my right senses and we ended up doing that stupid kiss which for sure doesn't even matter to you so it's fine i guess" Nandini spoke walking inside the bathroom with a towel in her hand.

"But i don't think that it was mistake. I am completely fine with whatever we did"Manik spoke moving up on the bed with the pillow now behind his back.

"Oh you don't regret it. You what? I thought-" Nandini rushed out of the bathroom the towel still on her shoulder.

"Are we supposed to. Look Nandini it's very obvious we are attracted to each other and we want each other" Manik replied non-chalantly as if it was a normal thing to say. First thought what a jerk but that is what Manik Malhotra had always been.

"Duh I want you, in your dreams Malhotra we did what, just kissed. No big deal. I am not into you and definitely not want you" Nandini said piling up her pride one on top of the other.

"oh really so you say you are not attracted to me?" Manik said getting up from the bed moving a little closer to Nandini who stood at the edge of the bed directly looking inot his eyes, damn he always felt hypnotized under them but he wasn't gonna be because Manik malhota plays the game and not the other way around.

"No i don't. I don't want you"Nandini said with utter confidence which instantly melted as she found Manik's tall frame hovering above her, so close that she felt difficulty in breathing.

"Nandini nandini you are so naive. It's clear you want me the way"Manik spoke moving closer to her ear"I want you".

Nandini's breathe hitched and she clutched the towel tight in her hand not wanting to puddle down in his arms but no matter what happens, no matter what she had ever felt about him but even she was Nandini and she wasn't gonna give up.

"Get to the point Manik so what do you propose us to do?" Nandini spoke getting her posture back and standing straight looking directly at his eyes again with the slam back. Manik smiled looking at how quick she changed her charisma under him, that is what he had always liked about her. The way that she stood up always confident and brave even infront of him.

"I say we be freinds with benefits" Manik proposed the idea.

"we be what?" nandini pushed him away and stood tall. Damn this guy had guts.

"That's totally cool Nandini. We know what we like"Manik reasoned like it was something too obvious to happen.

"but who said i want to be in a friends with benefits relationship with YOU. Please Manik there are way better fishes in the seas for me"

"But none like me Nandini and you know it too well. Also it's not happening that being with different people we end up with each other every time. So the choice is your, tik tock tik tock" Manik spoke turning around and moving towards the exit door when Nandini spoke " Fine i am in"

"You are what? Actually Nandini i just woke up so maybe my ears ain't working"

" Oh common Manik you heard it but i have some demands"

"You have me Nandini what more do you want?"

"We need rules".