22: THE BALL I

Nandini kept adorning herself infront of the trial room mirror. This was it. This was the dress that was going to outcast every other women at the gala. She gave herself a light pat on the back and headed over to the salon. This day meant spending and Nandini was definitely going to do that. Walking inside the big gorgeous salon she smiled at the women ahead her with pink curly hair remodeling a client, the women turned and beamed a full teeth smile with excitement written all over her eyes and figure.

"Nanz!!" the women shouted in astonishment.

"Hey Sofie princess. Long time no see" Nandini hugged her mate from college.

"I should be the one saying that to you. You ditched me last time at the party." Sofia exclaimed.

"Yeah sorry about that but hey you ditched me first in college to get this salon started and i must say quite work you did here." Nandini replied being pleased with the surroundings.

"Thank you." Sofia beamed with pride written all over her face, " So did you just miss me or going for a rampwalk."

"I'll go with the latter one. Actually there is a ball that i have to attend and Mukti is not in town so i thought maybe you can help me out." Nandini asked

"Ofcourse! Hey you know i have always been meaning to do that so who's the hot date?" Sofia wiggled her eyebrows.

"No hot date" Nandini kept the shopping bags on the waiting sofa and made herself comfortable on it.

"Babe don't fool me. A gala without a hot date. Not possible." Sofia sat opposite to her staring clear dead. Damn that always works.

"Okay it's Manik Malhotra and i just want to outcast his ex or something." Nandini shrugged her shoulders trying to not make it obvious that she is jealous here.

"The Manik Malhotra. You are dating The Manik Malhotra?" Sofia exclaimed jumping up and down.

"No we are just good friends and he wanted a plus one so i said yes." Nandini replied fixing her nails trying not to be caught.

"Holy bitch! I am going to make you the hottest girl in town. Show me your outfit and leave the rest to me." Sofia smirked.

"yeah it's in that bag, you check it out and till then i'll just make a call."  Nandini spoke excusing herself to call Manik.

Ring.

No reply came from the other side so she assumed that he must be busy with a meeting. What if he ditched her again.

Are we still on for today?

                            - Nandini

As if i have any choice. I hope you dress well babe.

                            - Manik

Don't call me babe. And get ready to get your eyes popped out.

                             - Nandini

Waiting.

                        - Manik

"Babe this dress is amazing" Sofia exclaimed.

"I know right so you think you can help me out with this?" Nandini asked

"Oh i am so inn." Sofia smirked.

***********************************************************************************************